+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Score, scorers and attendance predictions vs. Stockport County 15.12.20 [NL]

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    It might be just coincidence, but I noticed this when having my daily read of the dictionary:

exit strategy
    noun
    'a pre-planned means of extricating oneself from a situation that is likely to become difficult or unpleasant'.
    Reading the dictionary daily, now there's a surprise EP. Have you got to the letter 'L' yet?

Notts 0-3 Stockport

But don't get too disheartened dear friends... I hear a rumour we are signing Charlie Godfrey from Walmington Wanderers to add a bit of much-needed pace & dynamism to our midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Reading the dictionary daily, now there's a surprise EP. Have you got to the letter 'L' yet?
    I'm up to 'W'. I got to you half way through the section of words beginning with 'Wa'.

Notts 2 Stockport 1

2 up after 30 mins but then holding on at the end.

The usual 'We were lucky, can't get excited by this, one swallow and all that .....'

Notts 3 Stockport 1

Enzio, Wootton, Walker.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Notts 2 Stockport 1

The usual 'We were lucky, can't get excited by this, one swallow and all that .....'
    I'm amazed MM!
    How do you think we can possibly win when the squad is and has been physically and physcologically destroyed by Covid..?
    It's a game we wouldn't win under normal circumstances, never mind with a covid ridden squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I'm up to 'W'. I got to you half way through the section of words beginning with 'Wa'.
    So you do know what the difference between lose and loose. Thought so#bentcopper

*Spoiler Alert* I've also read the dictionary turns out the Zebra did it *Spoiler Alert*

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Notts 2 Stockport 1

I would take that, to be honest.

Notts 1 Stockport 1

Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    What are the excuses? That we are playing one of the league's best teams after a poor performance and a postponed game? Yup guilty as charged driller.

The hypothetical 3-1 victory is based on the fact that when full strength , in form and at home we can score 3 against anyone in the division when it all clicks. Sadly out of those 3 only 1 is true I sticking with a home defeat prediction.

Interesting to see how a score predication generates interest from the usual suspects

Some games I think we will win, others I think we will draw and some lose. After all it would be boring to always predict a win or always predict a defeat each time #noagenda
    I meant you're already managing expectations; God forbid we should be able to beat the mighty Stockport at home with a couple of injuries, and you've already identified the reasons why we might lose, which neatly exempt one person from any responsibility, even though that one person has quite a big influence on the outcome of a game, especially if he decides again to abandon the formation that brought us the best performances and results of the season so far, and field a one-paced midfield.

Also I think you're stretching it a bit too far even by your standards to say that having a match postponed before travelling to an away game is somehow an impediment. Playing one game in a week when everyone else is playing two is an advantage, surely?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast