+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Val Lays It Out Loud And Clear

Quote Originally Posted by Russ_1982 View Post
    I think it’s a good thing that a manager can come out and tell us why he has let someone go or he his not happy with a player. I’m all for letting people now how you feel. I know that’s not always the best thing but at least people know where they stand with you. You live by the sword you die by the sword.

I’m sick of some of the stupid responses and questions that mangers and interviewers give.
    Personally if as a club your model is to specifically recruit young players then you also require the right management skills to make it successful .

Simoes and Thomas have been binned out on loan after having a flea in their ear and so was Malik Wilks last season .

There's a worrying pattern emerging here because three young lads all accused of having bad attitudes is way above what you'd consider to be the average .

There's one person at the club who links all this together and that's Adam Murray in my opinion .

Maybe he's the problem .

Some of that is probably right. But I think the attitude of a lot of young players is that they have made it and here I am.....where in fact you have a good start and you need to improve a lot of you want to get to. And most of them don’t like been told that still have a lot to learn. I think it’s the attitude of most young player. But the people they have round them will be saying you are good enough but the fact is they are not and they need to put the hard work in.

People don’t like been told the truth when they don’t want to here it. And that’s fact.

People don’t like been told the truth when they don’t want to here it. And that’s fact.
    Young people are definitely easily offended today no doubt about it .

I've been pulled in to the office twice these last three months accused of bullying .

The facts are that the lad I worked with wasn't pulling his weight and spent more time looking at his phone than doing the job he was paid to do and I told him so , that apparently equated to bullying even though at nearly 60 years of age I was getting run ragged whilst this kid tossed it off .

I wasn't disciplined for it because I was right in what I said but I was also told to speak to my supervisor instead .

Something that goes against the grain with me and is grassing in my book and I come from a generation who sorted problems out man to man .

You can't win these days .

I totally agree with all of that. It’s like you are walking on egg shells all the time. I have been there my self.

Someone can say something to you but you can’t say anything back.

Or you are the one in wrong for pointing something out that is not right. That dose not work in my book.

Going back to the young players of today....they have one or two good game and everyone bigs them up. Why not wait till they have done it for 3 or 5 sessions consistently then you can say they are a good player but not after 1 or 2 good games it really hacks me off.

I totally agree with all of that. It’s like you are walking on egg shells all the time. I have been there my self.

Someone can say something to you but you can’t say anything back.

Or you are the one in wrong for pointing something out that is not right. That dose not work in my book.

Going back to the young players of today....they have one or two good game and everyone bigs them up. Why not wait till they have done it for 3 or 5 sessions consistently then you can say they are a good player but not after 1 or 2 good games it really hacks me off.

That's the mentality of some folk Russ. Knee jerk reactions seems to be the modern way. It's like winning football matches- Tha wins two and we looking at top 6, looiz 2 or 3 and it's all doom and gloom.

Personally am a bit more level headed. I understand that young players need time and it dunt happen overnight. Tek Victor fo instance, done a great job as an impact sub but has been hit and miss when he's started games. Thaz got to expect that but in order for him to get better he needs to keep starting and learning his trade, he'll not pick it up very quickly by coming on as an impact substitute all the time.

We are in a favorable position in the league and not under the usual pressure fighting relegation. It's an ideal time in my opinion to integrate players like Victor and Romal Palmer into championship football by starting them and letting them see art the season. After a few months experience they will be better equipped to start next season.

That is correct Pass, you been to bed them in and let them develop as players and as a person. It’s how you man mange them.....but my point was that just because they have 1 or 2 good games they are not finished article at such a young age. And sometimes they need bringing back down to earth. We are in such a good position this season I wish we could have this every season to be honest....not going down but not going to go up. But what we need to do is improve and move forward bringing the youth on but also need some old heads in there to guide them on....but still the youth of today do not like been told as they also know best. God I sound like my dad lol.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234