+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: The questions....

I think on set pieces we are always going to struggle, we're just not a big side, only Rawlinson or Turner only seem to threaten but we also don't deliver them that well.

I don't have anything of note to add that hasn't been said and it's all good stuff best post on here for a long time. Thanks for the contributions.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    I think on set pieces we are always going to struggle, we're just not a big side, only Rawlinson or Turner only seem to threaten but we also don't deliver them that well.
    Wootton, Sam and now Barnett are all big lads.

Quote Originally Posted by optipez View Post
    Wootton, Sam and now Barnett are all big lads.
    I wouldn't know as I've never been in the showers with them!
    But I will take your word for it...!

We Had Noble who thought he was Beckham taking all dead ball kicks, then Doyle and now Rodders. Non of them any good.

Loads of good posts on here, thanks....given me plenty to think about anyway. I’ll try and collate some of the answers when I get chance!

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    We Had Noble who thought he was Beckham taking all dead ball kicks, then Doyle and now Rodders. Non of them any good.
    It's been 10 seasons since we've had a genuine and justifiable reason to get excited in anticipation of a corner or free kick in a good position to deliver into the box. This is.a current issue and a longstanding one.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    It's been 10 seasons since we've had a genuine and justifiable reason to get excited in anticipation of a corner or free kick in a good position to deliver into the box. This is.a current issue and a longstanding one.
    I agree. Maybe we should mix it up a bit, confuse the opposition by having Ben Turner taking the corners and Cal and DKE trying to get on the end of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsetts_Pie View Post
    I agree. Maybe we should mix it up a bit, confuse the opposition by having Ben Turner taking the corners and Cal and DKE trying to get on the end of them.
    Bit too early to tell, but doesn't Barnett look like a decent dead ball merchant?

We hope so............

1-0 Wins are fine if that one goal was constructed and not a fluke. We should be rehearsing that one goal with variations to suit the opposition's style and not relying on it working with every attack against all teams and in all games. It should be us dictating play in our half leading up to swift movement in attack and doing it before the enemy can deploy numbers in defence. We ought also examine every point of our non-action after every defeat. If Ardley were to realise that every goal against is not always the fault of a full-back but can be a lack of positive action or ability in midfield, then we might produce the teamwork to attempt to turn our one goal lead into two and then perhaps three.

Forget "Respect the point", try "Respect the well-rehearsed game-plan".

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast