+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: We'er going to Torquay

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    I hate VAR more than I hate Fword.

There, I've said it.
    Var, what is it good for?

Absolutely nothing.

Say it again ya'll.

If FairFoul the Torquay fan returns to this forum, I'm sure he will be philosophical about it and say they've had their best season in many many years, that they have a great manager and there's much to be optimistic about. I expect they will still be half-decent next season, but that's a brutal way to miss out and it's going to be a nagging doubt in the back of their minds that will take a long time to heal. There's always the possibility of a hangover too with play off exits, which could affect us also.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    They drew their last 4 and finished 4 points behind Sutton. 2 wins and the title could have been theirs. If I were one of their fans, I'm pretty sure I would consider that a 'downturn', given the way they had been playing for most of the season. No?
    Quite incredible
    Torquay dont lose a game in 13 and you consider that a downturn. They take points in everyone of their last 13 and then put 4 past us and some on here think thats a failure. During the same period we get beat at home by a pub side in the cup lose at Solihull Hartlepool and lose home and away at Eastleigh and lose to Bromley.
    Behave man your sounding ridiculous

Kelton, NA had a great run without losing, issue is we did not always win either.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelton View Post
    Quite incredible
    Torquay dont lose a game in 13 and you consider that a downturn. They take points in everyone of their last 13 and then put 4 past us and some on here think thats a failure. During the same period we get beat at home by a pub side in the cup lose at Solihull Hartlepool and lose home and away at Eastleigh and lose to Bromley.
    Averaging 1 point per game in their final 4 games, or 4 points from 12, is relegation form.

Torquay can be taken as another lesson that respecting the point isn't going to get you to where you want to be. Sutton won three of their last 4 and that's why they are in the Football League next season and not Torquay.

That unbeaten run of Torquay's counts for nothing now. They will be starting next season in the same division and on the same number of points as Kings Lynn.

We don’t need VAR, just half decent refs.

As to Torquay. I’m glad they lost, but only because I can’t stand Gary Johnson and they were lucky against us.

Not going to get half decent refs in this league. Struggle to get the in the Prem league or Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelton View Post
    Quite incredible
    A downturn on their previous form, certainly. They looked like they were gonna romp to the title and when it REALLY mattered, ended up with 4 draws, 3 of the draws against Bromley, Barnet and Altrincham. Nip onto their forum and see if their supporters think they bottled it. I'm pretty sure of the answer you'll get.

Comparing us with them is not comparing eggs with eggs. They've been flying for the most part of the season, we've been distinctly average to reasonable and were fortunate to even make the P/O's. The 'downturn', IMHAHO is comparing early season form with that in the closing few matches and in that regard, I see it as a perfectly fair description. You please yourself, it's no skin off my rice pudding.
    Last edited by countygump; 20-06-2021 at 07:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    I hate VAR more than I hate Fword.

There, I've said it.
    I hate VAR nearly as much as I hate Fword. I say that in the full knowledge that we have probably been robbed in two playoff semi-finals.

I would rather suffer being robbed than suffer VAR.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast