+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Cardiff City v Barnsley Match Thoughts

It's always a good point away from home when tha trailing. Al tek that. Well done lads

A good well earned point and almost every tyke would have taken it before KO .

Plenty of positives but the weakness defensively from set pieces hasn't gone away either .

Looking forward to next Saturday and back inside Oakwell for the first time in god knows how long .

Watched full game " a rarity" well deserved point , it should have been 3 tho , interplay from forwards looks promising , Woodrow MOM for me , great work all around the pitch , don't think he should be taking corners tho mmm, superb 50yd or so pass by Benson for Sibbick to latch onto and finish well, only a few minutes earlier I was thinking Sibbick needs replacing !! Frieser disallowed goal looked harsh ? Ben Williams don't want to knock the lad too much , I fear he's just not a Championship player, blowing art of his arse after 10 mins , did some tidy work , caught out a few times and ballwatching , early day's , a bit of a miss mash team, on another day Morris would have netted 2 , quite impressed overall, I think we will definitely improve on this good performance , only need another 49 pts to be safe !! Bad thing is we've dropped down to 7th !!, keep the faith FORZA DI REDS ,

Definitely a good point with that lineup

Quote Originally Posted by fantykestic View Post
    Absolutely acres of space and places his shoot well to the far post passed the stretching keeper. Great goal.
    just watch the pass ( now norrim arr mate) from Benson , top quality ,

A very good point which I would have settled for at 3pm.

Pack scored easy header the nearest man marker Styles the smallest on the pitch. Typical Cardiff goal.

Anyone who thinks Styles is the answer in midfield then I’d suggest think again, he’s a very good footballer who looks more at home now in the wingback position.

Pleased for Ben Williams today played well considering he’s missed a full season well done young man.

Played some very good football today pleasing on the eye at times and clearly proved we aren’t a one trick pony.
    Cardiff nothing changes with them still the same and will be very surprised if the turn out to be promotion contenders.

Benson gave us some bite in midfield when he came on replacing Palmer. Class vision picking out Sibbick who finished the move like an experienced striker.

They missed a few opportunities and so did we with Morris being the most wasteful although he certainly can’t be criticized by providing a handful for the home defenders.

I would now question if a left back is our priority, personally, I’d ike to see an experience midfielder and if that can be achleved then we will certainly be looking upwards again this season in my opinion.

After we went 1.0 down a stopped looking, checked at half 5 and yesss.sounded decent and hopefully new signings will improve us.not much said about styles, palmer had a better game with what ive red,first half anyway,first assist for benson.am happy wi start,every teams got to defend well against cardiff frm set pieces so not to concerned about there goal,so glad we didnt give them a goal.

Palmer played well Rasky , a bit unfortunate he was subbed , but Benson did show real quality in finding Sibbick for a great finish , pleased tonight , and we all should be , better things to come i reckon , still need a left back though , it's the weak link IMO ,
    Last edited by Romared; 07-08-2021 at 05:29 PM.

It’s a disappointing result considering how much of the play and chances we had.

Cardiff are a one trick pony - or is that a two trick - one big lad up front and another at the back.

I really like Morris - but he had a nightmare.
    I’ve posted recently on here about Benson and said mark my works.
    After the Man City game it was obvious Oduor wasn’t a wing back - but he played well as a forward.

Summary:
    The playing style was very similar to Valériens - which is a big relief.
    However - the players have clearly been told to have 5 minutes passing amongst themselves at the back before launching it forward.
    A recipe for disaster there.

All the players played ok - especially Palmer, Helic, Sibbick and Oduor when he came on.
    If we can get a result at Cardiff with only Benson out of the recruits being half fit - and remembering one or two more yet to come in - then it’s looking quite rosy toneet.

Quote Originally Posted by POGGYWELL View Post
    A very good point which I would have settled for at 3pm.

Pack scored easy header the nearest man marker Styles the smallest on the pitch. Typical Cardiff goal.

Anyone who thinks Styles is the answer in midfield then I’d suggest think again, he’s a very good footballer who looks more at home now in the wingback position.

Pleased for Ben Williams today played well considering he’s missed a full season well done young man.

Played some very good football today pleasing on the eye at times and clearly proved we aren’t a one trick pony.
    Cardiff nothing changes with them still the same and will be very surprised if the turn out to be promotion contenders.

Benson gave us some bite in midfield when he came on replacing Palmer. Class vision picking out Sibbick who finished the move like an experienced striker.

They missed a few opportunities and so did we with Morris being the most wasteful although he certainly can’t be criticized by providing a handful for the home defenders.

I would now question if a left back is our priority, personally, I’d ike to see an experience midfielder and if that can be achleved then we will certainly be looking upwards again this season in my opinion.
    We have to give styles a chance but we cant wait 2 long its supposed to be his natural position. I agree it would be an idea to fetch an experience midfielder in as i want a really good start but its likely then to be experience and benson so styles and palmer dropped, there not going to develop.patience is needed,but i wi most of us want top spot so I'd go for experience,he has to be conner like.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast