+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: IB in the running for the Lincoln job

Quote Originally Posted by hissingdwarf View Post
    So would I...but...

I still think it's irrelevant. The owners have, in my opinion, specified a specific style they want and the manager is doing what he is told.
    Unless the brothers change this, the next guy in will end up doing the same things.
    I might be wrong and it may be down to Burchnall (all this to me, to you and no plan B ) but I think it comes from higher up.
    If the owners have made any stipulation about an 'identity' or 'culture' then I doubt it would be any more specific than wanting fast, attacking, entertaining, passing football. It then comes down to the manager to interpret that request in their own way, and I think Burchnall's interpretation is too much along the lines of creating a lower league Manchester City.

There's no benefit for the Reedtz brothers in advocating a style of play that actively antogonises the supporters. As owners they've had an excellent relationship with the fans from day one and I'm sure they would wish that to continue.

Neither do the owners have anything to gain from advocating an overly rigid approach that puts style over substance and costs us promotion. There's a lot of sense in their calm, analytical approach that doesn't carried away with one or two bad results or performances, but the bottom line is that they will want to get Notts County back into the football league as much as supporters do. Part of our identity was being the Oldest Football League Club in the World, and getting back to that position will strengthen our brand and increase our exposure.

I'll say once again, I'm calling for Burchnall to adapt, not to leave. The owners are showing their already characteristic patience and sticking behind the current manager in the hope that we can achieve play-off success. Even if we fail, I think they would probably look to address the weaknesses in the summer and give him another chance next season, but with a bit more sense of urgency about what needs to be achieved. If Burchnall does go to Lincoln, I don't think for one moment that the brothers will lurch towards a 'hoofball' merchant, but I think they'll look for someone who can add that extra bit of killer instinct and steel to the team that has been missing under both Ardley and IB.

Off the pitch, the Reedtz brothers' stewardship of the club appears to be very solid indeed. On the pitch, we've generally got decent results - hence three successive years in promotion/play-off contention - but we just need to fine tune the approach and find that spark and resilienhce that makes us true title contenders.

There's far more right with the club these days than wrong, and we haven't often been able to say that over the past two decades. We shouldn't settle for 4th/5th place finishes and overly elaborate football where it isn't needed, but we shouldn't throw the baby out with the bathwater either.

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    Love your baiting posts, again you try to feck up a thread
    Not baiting as you and No Nuts suggest, just a simple straightforward question will you be there next season if IB is still in charge in the NL?

If not no need to "fear" anything

#playingbyyourrules

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Not baiting as you and No Nuts suggest.
    Oh Dear. Are you really desperate enough to revert to the old 'No Nuts' insult?

If so, you appear to be posting on the wrong thread.

Not baiting as you and No Nuts suggest, just a simple straightforward question will you be there next season if IB is still in charge in the NL?

If not no need to "fear" anything

#playingbyyourrules
    Why do you have to bait?? Do you crave or need attention? you’ve now sunk to calling another poster names, not interested in your opinions or childish games as another poster said when you were put in your place a few days back. Another thread you’ve fecked up, you need a break from here, it’s like how a 13 year old posts.
    Last edited by keldsyke; 06-05-2022 at 07:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ArabianNotts View Post
    Bradley has turned them down. I think it would have been a step backwards for him.
    Yeah, just seen that.

I’m surprised Matt Gray doesn’t get linked with more jobs. Must be looking at something bigger than Sutton this summer.

Just a simple straightforward question will you be there next season if IB is still in charge in the NL?
    Without wanting to judge debates between other posters, I can answer that question very easily: Yes.

I've voiced my frustration about the style of play recently, and I think IB needs address that issue for his own benefit and the sake of getting promotion-winning results, but there's no question of me not attending the games.

In the past, the frustration has come from seeing crap players not capable of performing well and winning games, which sometimes did make me want to give up and walk away. This current team has quite a lot of ability, so the frustration only comes from thinking we can deploy the players a little more effectively. It's a solvable problem, either through this manager if he shows sense, or by someone else in due course.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Without wanting to judge debates between other posters, I can answer that question very easily: Yes.
    My answer would be the same, and I'll go a bit further.

If we stick with Burchnall I'll be there, if we sack him and reappoint Jamie Fullarton I'll be there.

Quote Originally Posted by bule1 View Post
    Ironic that our last manager who is not good enough for this league is doing better than us on a worse budget. Is it perhaps that the manager does better when they have an input into who is brought in to suit their style?
    I would be interested to see the stats on that

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    My answer would be the same, and I'll go a bit further.

If we stick with Burchnall I'll be there, if we sack him and reappoint Jamie Fullarton I'll be there.
    Blimey! Talk about the ultimate test of loyalty!

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post

I've voiced my frustration about the style of play recently, and I think IB needs address that issue for his own benefit and the sake of getting promotion-winning results, but there's no question of me not attending the games.

In the past, the frustration has come from seeing crap players not capable of performing well and winning games, which sometimes did make me want to give up and walk away. This current team has quite a lot of ability, so the frustration only comes from thinking we can deploy the players a little more effectively. It's a solvable problem, either through this manager if he shows sense, or by someone else in due course.
    I’m not sure why anyone would have such strong feelings about IB to say ‘I’m not going again if he stays’. I’ve been to more home games this season than for a while, and I’ve not really seen one boring game. The problem is that I can’t see a Burchnall side ever having enough intensity and focus to get out of this league.

I’m perfectly fine with him staying, but I wouldn’t get too upset if he left.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast