+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Burchnall parting message

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    No of course not it is complete madness to compare the two. You can only directly compare his win percentage to Ardley IMO. How does he compare to NA in terms of win % in the same league?

Do you think Neal Ardley was the worst Notts manager ever? And do you class a 5th placed finish as mid-table? The former sounds very much like #agenda to me, and the latter sounds completely nuts!!! What do you think about those to statements?
    As you know laddo i thought Neal was because we were relegated from L2, and i think he should have gone at that point, and that clouded my judgement for a long time

But as a National league manager , he seems quite good TWO 3rd place finishes, one for Notts and now Solihull.
    I was actaully annoyed when Ardley was sacked in March 2021, we should have stuck with him at that point, and given him a second crack at the play offs . to replace him with an unproven manager that play fanci football thats less effective was madness, and for me wasted another 14 months in which notts have gone no where, might as well stuck with Ardley ie the long term plan

5th place , or shall we say top 7 is the absolute minum Notts should achieve, given our resourcrs, gates etc, i honestly believe any manager could achieve a top 7 finish for Notts

So in a Notts sense 5th is mid-table, what would 8th been? Just above the relegation places? Or relegation?

That is one of the weirdest takes I've ever read on here.

Thank you
    I didn't think you would understand the concept. So would you be happy with 8th because it's a bit above mid-table, or would you see it like I would as a big failure?

Think before you answer, because if you wouldn't see it as a big failure then you wouldn't be disappointed by it. If you would be disappointed by it, you must agree that in a Notts sense it's not really a bit above mid-table.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    ... does anyone else wonder if the Bros' were ready to use the knife on IB? Their statement on the official site states that the research they carry out also covers potential coaches and managers, as well as players. Perhaps the Yoghurt Knitters have saved them a few £££'s ...
    I don't. I think that statement means they're always collecting data on it, not that they were anywhere near close to turfing him. I think giving him the boot after one and a bit seasons in charge, both of which we made the playoffs, would be very out of character for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jampie View Post
    I don't. I think that statement means they're always collecting data on it, not that they were anywhere near close to turfing him. I think giving him the boot after one and a bit seasons in charge, both of which we made the playoffs, would be very out of character for them.
    I'd agree, if FGR hadn't made an approach I think he would be here for next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I didn't think you would understand the concept. So would you be happy with 8th because it's a bit above mid-table, or would you see it like I would as a big failure?

Think before you answer, because if you wouldn't see it as a big failure then you wouldn't be disappointed by it. If you would be disappointed by it, you must agree that in a Notts sense it's not really a bit above mid-table.

Hold on I'm still awaiting answers. If 5th is mid-table in a 'Notts sense', what are you describing 8th as? Just above the drop zone or in the relegation places?*

* in a Notts sense obviously

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    As you know laddo i thought Neal was because we were relegated from L2, and i think he should have gone at that point, and that clouded my judgement for a long time

But as a National league manager , he seems quite good TWO 3rd place finishes, one for Notts and now Solihull.
    I was actaully annoyed when Ardley was sacked in March 2021, we should have stuck with him at that point, and given him a second crack at the play offs . to replace him with an unproven manager that play fanci football thats less effective was madness, and for me wasted another 14 months in which notts have gone no where, might as well stuck with Ardley ie the long term plan

5th place , or shall we say top 7 is the absolute minum Notts should achieve, given our resourcrs, gates etc, i honestly believe any manager could achieve a top 7 finish for Notts
    Tbh it was a ridiculous opinion but we are all allowed opinions and it was welcome and provided entertainment. But I'm delighted to see you realised your judgment was somewhat cloudy. I tried to explain this to you so many many times so I wished you realised a little sooner to save us all some time but hey ho. It's only football , it's all a bit of fun

Agree Top 7 was bare minimum this season, it's what I predicted at start of the season (along with Stockport to win the league, neither was a brave prediction but both were correct) , it's what I bet heavy on.

The unfancied manager ended that season 5th, wasn't Ardley 6th when he was sacked? Then followed it up with 5th again this season so you shouldn't be that annoyed . Parity maintained.

I can't agree that any manager would have Notts Top 7. Again that's a brave bold statement Davy.

I'd agree, if FGR hadn't made an approach I think he would be here for next season.
    No doubt about that , IB would have certainly been here another season

Tbh it was a ridiculous opinion but we are all allowed opinions and it was welcome and provided entertainment. But I'm delighted to see you realised your judgment was somewhat cloudy. I tried to explain this to you so many many times so I wished you realised a little sooner to save us all some time but hey ho. It's only football , it's all a bit of fun

Agree Top 7 was bare minimum this season, it's what I predicted at start of the season (along with Stockport to win the league, neither was a brave prediction but both were correct) , it's what I bet heavy on.

The unfancied manager ended that season 5th, wasn't Ardley 6th when he was sacked? Then followed it up with 5th again this season so you shouldn't be that annoyed . Parity maintained.

I can't agree that any manager would have Notts Top 7. Again that's a brave bold statement Davy.
    Ardley may have been 6th when sacked, correct me if i am wrong, but did,nt IB start on a bad sequence of matches , took him about 8 matches to win anything , i we dropped to 10th or 11th , then recovered later to finish 5th, i believe Ardley would have finished higher if given the chance, and i also believe he would have got further than IB in the play offs that year, just has he already has done this season

Yes it is a bold statement, but as i said any manager could achieve top 7, and i do not want to be proved wrong on that one

Hold on I'm still awaiting answers. If 5th is mid-table in a 'Notts sense', what are you describing 8th as? Just above the drop zone or in the relegation places?*

* in a Notts sense obviously
    In a Notts sense, just above the drop zone.

In a Notts sense, just above the drop zone.
    8th would be complete failure, still finishing 5th , and being out at the QF is nearly as bad

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast