+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Player Ratings v Chesterfield

About right for me. Still worrying signs in defence and the middle. Can’t fathom why we play 3 at the back when it obviously doesn’t work and players who are solid, look uncomfortable. We all know Cameron is a good CD, but has looked totally out of place with his new partner. Brindley looks easy to press onto and Baldwin…Bajrami looks better imo,m but we should only be choosing two CBs and two proper fullbacks. Chicksen is a good player, but not a wing back. Nemane is a good player, but not a wing back.
    Palmer is a good player, but desperately needs a brick Shiitehouse next to him. Why we can’t move Cameron or Bajrami into that dm slot, I’ll never know. They can both enforce, both move with the ball and have the defend first instinct.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Here you go:

Slocombe 6 - Unless the replays show him to be at fault for their second, I don't think he did a lot wrong.
    Brindley 5.5 - not up to his usual high standard defensively or going forward.
    Baldwin 6 - I thought he did ok, don't really get the criticism.
    Cameron 5.5 - some good forward bursts, but didn't look comfortable defending.
    Nemane 6 - he was our only threat early on, and his defending was adequate considering he's really a winger.
    Palmer 6 - probably the pick of the midfield even though not at his best.
    JOB 5 - can't fault his effort, but as many poor passes as good ones.
    Rodrigues 5.5 - Couldn't get involved past the halfway line first half, improved a bit in the second. Set pieces again poor.
    Chicksen 5 - I feel for him, because he's a defender trying to play wing back.
    Mitchell 5.5 - he did put himself about a bit, but got no sort of service.
    Langstaff 8* - maybe a generous mark considering he was barely in the game for an hour, but that wasn't his fault. An alert poacher's goal for his first, and the ability to lose his markers and bury the second. Denied a hat trick when Fitzsimons saved with his legs and didn't seem to know much about it. Early days, but this lad looks a real find.

Austin 7 - added that bit of spark when he came on, another who looks a promising signing.
    Scott 7 - first time we've seen him on the pitch with Langstaff, looking forward to seeing more.
    Bajrami 7 - an extra mark for that block. That must have hurt!

I thought Palmer had some really nice one-touch passes, especially in the second half. Also felt Mitchell was pretty wasteful early on, which I think contributed to us trying (and failing) to find other options in the first half.

Lots of deserved praise for Austin but still gotta say, his cross for Langstaff's second was absolutely mint and I would give a point just for that.

But otherwise I saw it (on a pretty poor livestream) very much like Elite.

Langstaff rallying the support was a really great moment.

Quote Originally Posted by hissingdwarf View Post
    About right for me. Still worrying signs in defence and the middle. Can’t fathom why we play 3 at the back when it obviously doesn’t work and players who are solid, look uncomfortable. We all know Cameron is a good CD, but has looked totally out of place with his new partner. Brindley looks easy to press onto and Baldwin…Bajrami looks better imo,m but we should only be choosing two CBs and two proper fullbacks. Chicksen is a good player, but not a wing back. Nemane is a good player, but not a wing back.
    Palmer is a good player, but desperately needs a brick Shiitehouse next to him. Why we can’t move Cameron or Bajrami into that dm slot, I’ll never know. They can both enforce, both move with the ball and have the defend first instinct.
    Not sure about the brick outhouse - I think we're desperate for someone in the centre of the park who wants to take the game by the scruff of the neck and make things happen. However, they also need to be mobile, win headers, win tackles, run box to box, and do the basics well. You normally have to spend money to get those kinds of players, though, or get lucky with a raw gem like Ryan Yates.

Austin shows promising signs of being an Alan Judge-type, keen to get on the ball and make things happen, but he's not physical enough to do that in a midfield scrap.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    Not sure about the brick outhouse - I think we're desperate for someone in the centre of the park who wants to take the game by the scruff of the neck and make things happen. However, they also need to be mobile, win headers, win tackles, run box to box, and do the basics well. You normally have to spend money to get those kinds of players, though, or get lucky with a raw gem like Ryan Yates.

Austin shows promising signs of being an Alan Judge-type, keen to get on the ball and make things happen, but he's not physical enough to do that in a midfield scrap.
    Could Cameron do a job in midfield with palmer and move Bajramhi into the back 3?

He only played a dozen games for Notts but I'd love a Jeff Whitley type in there. A big ask obviously but a downgrade on that type of player would still be a key component for me.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234