+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Cambridge United v Barnsley Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Two poor teams.
    But thankfully Cambridge are worse than us.
    Our defence more or less won the game.
    Final ball by Barnsley is abysmal.

A few weeks ago Leeds manager praised how their players backed each other up when trouble started against Barnsley - the Barnsley players need to be taught the same.
    Also - Barnsley players showing naivety when it comes to getting the right decision from the referee - Kitchen was a prime case of that for his first yellow.

But other than the sending off - Kichen was my MOTM.
    Cole and Thomas put a shift in.

It’s becoming clear we have two weak spots in the team.
    Tinkerbell Williams - who has all the speed a player should need but lacks confidence.
    Reminds me of Wiseman.
    Aichison - who does a lot of work but not threatening enough - reminds me of Chaplin - would be good alongside a target striker (but we ain’t got one).

All in all it was a poor performance - because the final ball was often terrible.
    But good result - which will probably cloud fans opinion about the performance.

Excellent result.

Still W.I.P but onwards and upwards

There would be no need for bets on the most likely player to be red carded but on the flip side Kitchen does wear the shirt.

Top 4 teams all dropped points.

We are unbeaten in 4 a platform to build on.

Connell out injured but Benson back from injury our midfield quality / options for League 1 look ok.

Top 10 finish was my prediction at the start of the season looking good.

Top 6 finish - who knows we are only 9 games into the season.

Happier days than last season, that's for sure.

All in all a good performance , thought our two main strikers both took their goals well & there were some good individual performances with Kane getting my vote for man of the match but what stood out to me was how the team stuck together & backed each other up which showed especially after we went down to ten men , love the team spirit & the togetherness , also a special mention about our fitness levels , even when we were down in numbers it did not show & in the last 10 minutes of the game instead of tiring we got stronger & could easily have scored again , get Connell , Benson & Kane firing in the middle , with Notwood & Cole firing up front backed up by a decent unit at the back then our season should be a lot more promising than I thought a few weeks ago , not getting carried away but you can see Duff is slowly making progress .

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post
    All in all a good performance , thought our two main strikers both took their goals well & there were some good individual performances with Kane getting my vote for man of the match but what stood out to me was how the team stuck together & backed each other up which showed especially after we went down to ten men , love the team spirit & the togetherness , also a special mention about our fitness levels , even when we were down in numbers it did not show & in the last 10 minutes of the game instead of tiring we got stronger & could easily have scored again , get Connell , Benson & Kane firing in the middle , with Notwood & Cole firing up front backed up by a decent unit at the back then our season should be a lot more promising than I thought a few weeks ago , not getting carried away but you can see Duff is slowly making progress .
    Kane was a class act today agree Shad .

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post
    Good assessment Shads - important after 9 games we are in the mix at the right end of the table.

14 pts from 9 games. If we replicate that average over the course of the season wiss get 70pts. Considering that we've laiked some of the toughest fixtures in that too then it isn't a bad return.

I was worried at first with Wolf being brought in, but admittedly that is our strongest part of the team.
    Another goal for Cole, and I hope we can get used to saying that more regularly.
    How is Collins, was it a routine knock or summat more serious.
    And from hanging on to clinching it 0-3 in the end, is very impressive. I was relieved when we got the all important second goal.
    Very good result, well done lads. 😀

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    I was worried at first with Wolf being brought in, but admittedly that is our strongest part of the team.
    Another goal for Cole, and I hope we can get used to saying that more regularly.
    How is Collins, was it a routine knock or summat more serious.
    And from hanging on to clinching it 0-3 in the end, is very impressive. I was relieved when we got the all important second goal.
    Very good result, well done lads. 😀
    A bit of concussion and a broken nose , he'll have to do the concussion mandatory week off so could be back at Fleetwood .

Cole has taken quite a bit of stick on here and much of it deserved but to be fair he's knuckled down and the penny's dropped finally regarding his work rate .

Can't fault him of late , fair play Devante .

Some sweat on that red shirt is all we ask .

Goal for Cole !!.
    It has a nice rhyme to it lol, and lets hope we're going to be saying it a lot more on here. 😃
    It was never personal against Devante, and surely he himself knew there were parts of his game that simply weren't good enough.
    Now Id be delighted if he could be the 15 goals or more striker we've been waiting for, fingers crossed ehh.
    And this all goes back to Duff & co as well (just like Val Ismael did), he seems to be getting a better tune out of this lot than what those other two clowns did. 👍

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast