+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Wrexham/Chesterfield Fixture Pileups

Quote Originally Posted by Proactive not Reactive View Post
    I'm sad about the Chesterfield game being off, I'm loving them having a backlog but after a very tough game where their own twitter was saying they looked very tired, I don't think a trip to London on a wet miserable day/night would help them and could see them dropping points.
    Not a bad thing if we can put another 3 points between the teams.

3pts tonight just puts more pressure on the pack. Could possibly break Cheaterfield knowing how many games they need to win just to catch up

Wrexham's fixture pile-up just got a bit easier.

They are out of the FA Trophy after losing at Altrincham on penalties.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Wrexham's fixture pile-up just got a bit easier.

They are out of the FA Trophy after losing at Altrincham on penalties.
    Beat me to it.

If as stated by LW that we are serious about winning the FA Trophy then tonight's result has to be good for us. Wrexham and Chesterfield are now out so we must have a good chance of lifting the trophy, whether you think it is a good or bad idea to try and progress.

2 trips to Wembley on the cards

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    If as stated by LW that we are serious about winning the FA Trophy then tonight's result has to be good for us. Wrexham and Chesterfield are now out so we must have a good chance of lifting the trophy, whether you think it is a good or bad idea to try and progress.
    Got to be a good thing IMO. Wembley not to be sniffed at.

9 pages on the Wrexham forum about tonight's loss, and Notts get 2 mentions

I’ve had mixed feelings about the FA Trophy. On one hand it’s extra games, however (final aside) it’s potentially 3 league games that get postponed. Now, given that both Wrexham (2) and Chesterfield (4) currently have games in hand on us, the FA trophy games aren’t a hindrance that some would have us believe. We have very few midweek games so having to ‘squeeze’ Eastleigh, Dorking and Altrincham in to our schedule isn’t the end of the world and in fact could work in our favour.
    This is all assuming we don’t have a few weeks of horrendous cold weather with games postponed.

What I also love about a few on there forum is the arrogance. They have this amazing squad (apparently) that hasn’t taken of business against Alty. Then giving it large about Alty only beat the reserves. Yet not a few days ago basking in the glory of beating a much changed Coventry side.
    Last edited by Notts78; 13-01-2023 at 11:11 PM.

I'd rather lose on Sunday and just focus on the league.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast