+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Well done to Tony Stewart, Matt Taylor and the Recruitment team

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    From the press that came out from South wales it looks like Ogbene had stated he wanted to leave in the January window even up to yesterday, now if we assume this is true the challenge to Ogbene now is to focus on his current employer and to get the club the goals and performances he is capable of giving us,
    I am sure if his attitude and mind arent on the job MT won't play him. We can also assume that he seems likely to leave in the summer for nothing (but you never know) and well

done to TS for not taking whatever money we could have got, he is a good player an international and can really bring something to this team.
    I'm almost certain you don't believe everything in the press.
    His attitude will be fine.
    Only chance he would sign another contract is if we are in the Championship next season plus an offer on salary that suits him.
    I'm prepared to lose him in the summer - he's going to have more options then

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    From the press that came out from South wales it looks like Ogbene had stated he wanted to leave in the January window even up to yesterday, now if we assume this is true the challenge to Ogbene now is to focus on his current employer and to get the club the goals and performances he is capable of giving us, I am sure if his attitude and mind arent on the job MT won't play him. We can also assume that he seems likely to leave in the summer for nothing (but you never know) and well done to TS for not taking whatever money we could have got, he is a good player an international and can really bring something to this team.
    It's a good point.
    There will be a lot of positivity around the club and I can't see Ogbene not being focussed for the rest of the season. He has absolutely nothing to gain by not putting a shift in

Quote Originally Posted by Redshank View Post
    It's a good point.
    There will be a lot of positivity around the club and I can't see Ogbene not being focussed for the rest of the season. He has absolutely nothing to gain by not putting a shift in
    Absolutely this. ^^^

More fake twitter accounts yesterday than I've ever seen in a January Transfer window ha ha.
    Fake Wiki editing as well Lol..😄

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Rathbone hasn't signed a new contract has he!
    That’s because he hasn’t been offered one yet. It was said it would be discussed after the window shut.

Quote Originally Posted by pip_y View Post
    That’s because he hasn’t been offered one yet. It was said it would be discussed after the window shut.
    Think he meant the player of season is Rathbone

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    It still surprises me that you manage to find a way every single day to talk about a bloke you obviously couldn't stand even though he's been gone for four months. You'd think you of all people would move on.

I don't need to defend him, anyone with half a brain could see the bloke clearly tried his best for us and then moved on when he got a better offer, as most of us would in our jobs. We got compensation for him and he left the club in a much better place than he when he took over. I wish him well, I'm not bitter.

As for being a Judas, I've said before it before on here, 4 grown men got a new job, and were replaced by 4 other grown men, that's all it is. You'd think another grown man would see it just as that. If you're still upset over it 4 months later then you probably need to get some real problems in your life. Although I suppose if you had any real things in life to worry about you wouldn't spend every waking minute trying your hardest to be smarta*se on a football message board.

Warney I've given reasons why was the dullest time I've had watching millers. Opposite to Evans that was memorable.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Warney I've given reasons why was the dullest time I've had watching millers. Opposite to Evans that was memorable.
    You've never given reasons, not any that made sense anyway. You wanted it to be dull because you hated him, so you convinced yourself it was dull. Even the other people on here who disliked him would struggle to say it was a dull six years.

The Steve Evans years were very memorable, a successful time in our history which was much needed with the move to New York. However 3 relegations, 3 promotions including a Wembley play off win, a Wembley cup win, a global pandemic, a season cut short, a season played behind closed doors, were the most memorable years I've had watching the Millers alongside Ronnie's first spell as manager.

I'm hoping Matt Taylor can top the achievements of all three, and good luck to him.

If changing division EVERY season is “dull”, he might as well pack it in.

Well Matt "dynorod" Taylor seems to have cleared the blockage.

Some interesting signings to see

Quote Originally Posted by The Hillsborough Miller View Post
    i work with a derby fan, he doesnt rate him and he will be gone if they dont come up
    It's funny that as I know a Derby fan through work and he's been impressed by Warne. "Like a breath of fresh air" were his exact words.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast