+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Bowyers sacking

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    Normal managing directors, Chairman and Chief Executives of professional football clubs keep their supporters fully informed of what is happening in their football club which would not exist without then handing over their money purchasing season tickets, match day tickets and sponsorship.
    John Nelms does not seem to realise this but instead tells the Dundee supporters nothing.

I’ve never bought my season ticket or anything DFC related based on what any chairman has said.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    Normal managing directors, Chairman and Chief Executives of professional football clubs keep their supporters fully informed of what is happening in their football club which would not exist without then handing over their money purchasing season tickets, match day tickets and sponsorship.
    John Nelms does not seem to realise this but instead tells the Dundee supporters nothing.
    What a load of sh1te, clubs done divulge everything to the fans, your old enough to remember the Gellalty’s, what updates did they give you, the first you heard of anything was through DC Thomsons, why do you need to know everything

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    What a load of sh1te, clubs done divulge everything to the fans, your old enough to remember the Gellalty’s, what updates did they give you, the first you heard of anything was through DC Thomsons, why do you need to know everything
    Since Bill Colvin resigned as Chairman of Dundee Football Club Limited we have received little communication from Nelms except when he was speaking about his new stadium development at the former NCR Camperdown grounds.

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    Agree with you regarding Gellatly, no bulletins from them.
    Jim Mclean never got on with him, never got the managers job so went across the road and offered his services to united.
    Gellatly did bring in the best manager ever, (apart from Shankly) in Archie Knox. Archie never got on with him either.
    Felt Bowyer deserved a chance in the premier league having won the championship.

Quote Originally Posted by deecom View Post
    Agree with you regarding Gellatly, no bulletins from them.
    Jim Mclean never got on with him, never got the managers job so went across the road and offered his services to united.
    Gellatly did bring in the best manager ever, (apart from Shankly) in Archie Knox. Archie never got on with him either.
    Felt Bowyer deserved a chance in the premier league having won the championship.
    Gellatly also brought in John Prentice, who in my time watching Dundee, I would regard as our best manager. Kno x was good as well.

Quote Originally Posted by parcbara View Post
    Gellatly also brought in John Prentice, who in my time watching Dundee, I would regard as our best manager. Kno x was good as well.
    Jim Mclean based his philosophy on what he learned from John Prentice.

Problem is any footballing success is an accident.

They don't need our money and they pretty much don't care what league we are in, it's incidental.

Taken over the club without really caring about "soccer".

All about the retail park.

It's the footballing equivalent of invasion of the body snatchers.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Problem is any footballing success is an accident.

They don't need our money and they pretty much don't care what league we are in, it's incidental.

Taken over the club without really caring about "soccer".

All about the retail park.

It's the footballing equivalent of invasion of the body snatchers.
    I do not think that the retail park was their initial plan.
    I believe that it was to be the large sports centre at Caird Park which was to be a joint venture between Dundee FC, Dundee United FC and Dundee City Council.
    Dark Blue Property Holdings Limited was set up on 28th May 2015 for this purpose.
    This would have been ideal for US tax purposes as at a Dee4life AGM a member stated that there was 100% tax write off for sporting activities under US tax laws.
    About four years ago I noticed in another forum details of a children’s soccer club in Texas which on their website gave the impression that Dundee Football Club owned the sports centre at Caird Park.
    From memory I think that this soccer club was called DCT Juniors of Central Texas.
    The joint venture with Dundee City Council after Dundee United FC withdrew ended on 24th June 2016 and on 8th July 2016 Dark Blue Property Holdings Limited (DBPHL) purchased the site at the former NCR Camperdown grounds.
    Therefore DBPHL needed the new football stadium and particularly the 4 training pitches to qualify for the 100% tax write offs under US tax laws.
    Last edited by islaydarkblue; 16-05-2023 at 10:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by deecom View Post
    Jim Mclean based his philosophy on what he learned from John Prentice.
    About ten years ago I was at a Seniors Group meeting in the Andy Penman Lounge where Jocky Scott and Gordon Wallace were the guest speakers.
    At the Q and A section of the meeting Jocky said that the team in the 1973-74 season which won the League Cup and should have won the Scottish Cup was the last year of Wee Jim’s team.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)