+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Leeds or Everton

The fans must have been on the rack with that 12 minutes of injury time and knowing that Leicester had won.

Quite dramatic.I just hope when I'm watching the last games of the season next year that we are not involved.I can't see Luton
    surviving in the EPL so we have to finish above Sheff Utd and Everton. Bring it on

As an aside, given the Burnley connection with Everton and watching MOTD it made me think of the ex Burnley players of last season who have moved on and Ben Mee is the success story, being part of the only team that has done the double over City.

Tarkowski and Mee should never have been allowed to leave on free transfers. Those two decisions were incredibly naïve.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    We were in the same position last season Sinky,but we unbelievably turned it round..
    True enough Alfie, but with VK and a new approach. What's going to change at Everton ?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    True enough Alfie, but with VK and a new approach. What's going to change at Everton ?
    The Toffees need a change of ownership but is that likely to happen? Billy the Toffee my old footie sparring partner says there are rumours the current owners now want to already replace Dyche with yet another "exotic" coach.

I am mighty relieved we were promoted this year because with Leeds, Leicester and Southampton all dropping down the Championship is going to be tougher than ever to get out of next season. I think Everton also owe a debt of gratitude to Nick Pope for his brilliant last minute save from Castagne that kept the game against Leicester goalless. Had they picked up an unlikely 1-0 win at Newcastle it would be the Foxes celebrating the Great Escape after yesterday’s final round of matches.

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    I am mighty relieved we were promoted this year because with Leeds, Leicester and Southampton all dropping down the Championship is going to be tougher than ever to get out of next season. I think Everton also owe a debt of gratitude to Nick Pope for his brilliant last minute save from Castagne that kept the game against Leicester goalless. Had they picked up an unlikely 1-0 win at Newcastle it would be the Foxes celebrating the Great Escape after yesterday’s final round of matches.
    Ex-Clarets have had an enormous impact on the EPL this season. I hope our new lot can manage the same in the new season.

Dyche is saying what an enormous amount of work will be required to turn Everton round. Honesty may be the best policy, and what he's saying is perfectly true, but in the money grubbing, fantasy world of PL football, is this what potential new owners want to hear ? Maybe it is, but I wouldn't be too sure about it.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Dyche is saying what an enormous amount of work will be required to turn Everton round. Honesty may be the best policy, and what he's saying is perfectly true, but in the money grubbing, fantasy world of PL football, is this what potential new owners want to hear ? Maybe it is, but I wouldn't be too sure about it.
    Sean has saved their bacon this season but he won’t find the same fidelity he enjoyed at Burnley for so many years.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)