+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Romared Match Thoughts Barnsley v Port Vale

Pleasing 2-0 lead don't get me wrong and a really well worked opening goal , superb interception and cross from O'Keefe and finish from Cole .

However , that back three is way short of organisation at the moment and a better side than Vale would have cashed in .

Styles , don't get me started .

Very flattering score line at ht that!
    Our First 20 minutes was worse than sh1te
    Settled down abit towards end of half and managed to get a bit of passing in their half going on finally
    Defence looks unorganised but given the upheaval pre season in that area I’ll give them some time
    Lopaka looks a gutsy lad n keeper roberts looks tidy too

Seven - 0

Good start to the new season.

Dint see the game but well chuffed with the scoreline. Well done lads. 7 goals in a game is outstanding.

Well didn't see that coming after first half hour! A very, very poor Vale side though.
    Happy with that though.

I got us down for a 5-1 score line.
    Unless it rained of course then owt could have happened.
    Anyway it didn’t rain.

But I’m going to have to be less pessimistic and negative.
    It’s embarrassing.
    I’m going to have to shake myself and start to be more upbeat and positive about the club.
    I’m sure one or two on here might be thinking the same.

Pleasing scoreline and it would be harsh to criticise .

When I watch a game of football I try to look at things with everything on the table and without tribalism .

We could easily have fallen behind because Vale bossed the first twenty minutes and we looked all over the shop at the back .

The Cole opening goal was very much against the run of play but it was well constructed and finished .

The second gave us a little breathing space and the third killed Vale off altogether .

Defensively Vale were as about as poor as you will see in this league , absolutely shocking , Sunday League stuff and that's kind .

That said it's a wonderful start and a real confidence boost for the HC and the players , you couldn't really ask for more on the opening day .

More difficult games ahead of course and it won't be easy at Bristol Rovers next Saturday .

Let's see how we go when things aren't going as well for us as they did today .

Considering the change round of players and the absence of Connell and Phillips it was a very good performance.
    Russell came more into it in the second half and Cotter could have ended up with a hattrick of assists and a big shout for Cole on his hattrick.
    I thought we looked pretty solid in central midfield with Kane especially and I like the look of Roberts but central defense needs some work, I like Kitching but he’s never going to be the linchpin of our defense so let’s hope the new lad is a bit special.

Notes.
    Russell - IMO the MOTM.
    I don’t think he can be left out of the team.
    His height made the centre of midfield more solid - and his calmness to play the simple passes was outstanding.
    He makes it look so easy.

Cotter - his efforts were great and his distribution into the middle was fabulous.

Shepherd - another brilliant brilliant find.

Kane - the pass on the outside of his boot to put Kitch in on goal was a thing of beauty..
    This is what he can do when he passes forward - but IMO he doesn't do enough of it.

Shaw - showed some lovely touches.

Styles - how many footballers can play attacking midfielder as good as him - and then when Russell went off revert into the defensive midfield role ???
    A talented player.
    He looked quite upset when he was walking off the field after the game - is that a sign that this was his last game for us.
    Hope not.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast