+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Romared Match Thoughts Wigan Athletic v Barnsley

Good result that but we were still wasteful in the final third though. New lad McAttee gives us another option as he can carry the ball and finds those little spaces very much like Jack Achison did.

Turning point the Red card and Roberts save late who’s on a par with Muller. Some keeper this lad and he’s now pulled that kind of save 3 times now to deny certain goals.

Russell MOM in my opinion and as a team we played more as a unit today.

Pleased for Collins and hopefully a lesson learnt about trying to put your mark on something that didn't need doing .

Credit him for going back to the Duff way and not dying on hill named ego .

Got the subs spot on to boot .

The players looked way more comfortable with the passing crisp and the pressing and work rate back to what we expect .

This league isn't rocket science , play to your strengths and what the players can comfortably do .

Way better performance that than the Port Vale game in my opinion .

Well done everyone .

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    1st Half
    Steady away.
    We look like we can’t lose - but we’ve seen that before this season - and lost.
    Morgie players not playing today - and dunt it show.
    But still too tippy tappy for my liking in the last 3rd.
    FGS someone put their foot through it and have a shot.
    IMO - not a sending off.
    Russell looking good.
    And if Kane can get the top side of Humphries then we might have a chance here.
    Still not that convincing - as we were against 10 men - but in saying that we should have won that 0-7.
    And this against a team that’s been steamrolling over over teams - including Bolton 0-4.

AS ALWAYS AT THIS TIME OF SEASON -
    results are all over the place.
    But importantly …… the effort was clearly there.
    Better effort than when we had morngie Kitching playing.

Comments about players:
    Russell - them that dunt know much about football and have been throwing abuse his way must surely now start to see the value of this player.
    Now he’s starting to get fully fit - he has to be one if not ‘the’ best player we have. Incredible player.
    McAtee - a prediction - this signing could well be the best of this transfer window. Fabulous player.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    All did well. We will never know how it would have gone with 11 a side, but thought we managed well. Glad we didn’t sit back for last 20. A start.
    Agree Jules but I still think we would have done well we played as a unit today and set up well from the off.

Well done Tykes, put those Pie Eating numptys back in their place. Moves you up nicely now so onward and hopefully upward for us both. ��

Quote Originally Posted by EthelRed View Post
    I’m surprised.

Humble pie for tea?
    Not enough pie in the whole of the Barnsley District to feed this message board.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Still not that convincing - as we were against 10 men - but in saying that we should have won that 0-7.
    And this against a team that’s been steamrolling over over teams - including Bolton 0-4.

AS ALWAYS AT THIS TIME OF SEASON -
    results are all over the place.
    But importantly …… the effort was clearly there.
    Better effort than when we had morngie Kitching playing.

Comments about players:
    Russell - them that dunt know much about football and have been throwing abuse his way must surely now start to see the value of this player.
    Now he’s starting to get fully fit - he has to be one if not ‘the’ best player we have. Incredible player.
    McAtee - a prediction - this signing could well be the best of this transfer window. Fabulous player.
    Those that don't know too much about football clearly couldn't see the role Kane played today , here , there and everywhere and doing the running for Russell and covering his ass .

Herbie even took a yellow card for him today when Russell couldn't get back when Wigan broke on us .

You keep following the ball YN and let those that know a little more watch what's really going on .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Those that don't know too much about football clearly couldn't see the role Kane played today , here , there and everywhere and doing the running for Russell and covering his ass .

Herbie even took a yellow card for him today when Russell couldn't get back when Wigan broke on us .

You keep following the ball YN and let those that know a little more watch what's really going on .
    Trying desperately to cover thi tracks by saying someone else played better.
    Dunt wash !!! 😄
    We win - and yet sadly some would rather we didn’t - as it interferes with their weird conspiracy theories.

https://forums.*************.co.uk/t...8/post-3907413

Still bitter about their relegation in 2020 that kept us up .

A red card all day long , the Wigan lad was the last man , Kane's was a yellow because hmm he wasn't the last man .

Embarrassing club and fans , take somebody else's money till they have none of it left and you can't even pay your players wages .

Not even the biggest club in Wigan .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post

Funny old game Animal but I found Russell the mom today.
    Kane I thought did well on the ball but I found him quite slow or even static without it and not one you would want in the trenches.
    Nothing against Kane just my opinion of him today and gets to start every time for me before Styles.
    It’s going to be interesting once/if we get Luca back into the fold.
    Last edited by POGGYWELL; 26-08-2023 at 05:05 PM.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast