+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Reedtz Brothers v Luke Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I know that's the plan, but in a direct comparison Luke Williams edges it for me.

He's built something that I think will be very hard to replace.
    Personally i think its the owners , they have a blue print for sytle of play, then appointing head coaches with limited experience, and eventually its paid off-any average or above manager could do well with this set up , so even if LW left i would not be to worried
    As for LW he had every advantage, owners established at the club for 3 years, very good players already there, it would be difficult to see how he could have done worse than Ardley and Burchnall
    There is no doubt that LW has done well, but truth be told LW was very lucky to get promoted, seeing as we were very poor over both play off matches, ultimately going to a toss off a coin penelty shoot out
    LW is doing well , and with the backing of the owners should continue to do so,
    And this time we probably will, in the past when we got promotions Alladyce , and munto, the manager or team was ripped apart the season after, this time we have kept LW, and all the players bar one, so this bodes well

Unlucky in previous playoff campaigns.

Lucky in last season's playoff campaign.

As they say luck evens itself out over time.

That is a very good point regarding the two previous promotions where the successful manager left both times.

This time we have that much needed constant of manager and squad. I agree the setup LW came into both on and off the pitch was very advantageous.

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    There is no doubt that LW has done well, but truth be told LW was very lucky to get promoted, seeing as we were very poor over both play off matches, ultimately going to a toss off a coin penelty shoot out
    The promotion wasn't "very lucky", it was FULLY DESERVED. It would have been a travesty if we hadn't gone up after getting 107 points. Also, we weren't "very poor" in both playoff games. Against BW we made errors which left us a mountain to climb, but we managed to climb it. Over the 120+ minutes only one team deserved the win, and that was us. At Wembley we were nowhere near our best, but managed to stay in it and hold our nerve when it mattered.

The promotion wasn't "very lucky", it was FULLY DESERVED. It would have been a travesty if we hadn't gone up after getting 107 points. Also, we weren't "very poor" in both playoff games. Against BW we made errors which left us a mountain to climb, but we managed to climb it. Over the 120+ minutes only one team deserved the win, and that was us. At Wembley we were nowhere near our best, but managed to stay in it and hold our nerve when it mattered.
    I'm with this guy!

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    Personally i think its the owners , they have a blue print for sytle of play, then appointing head coaches with limited experience, and eventually its paid off-any average or above manager could do well with this set up , so even if LW left i would not be to worried
    As for LW he had every advantage, owners established at the club for 3 years, very good players already there, it would be difficult to see how he could have done worse than Ardley and Burchnall
    LW is doing well , and with the backing of the owners should continue to do so,
    And this time we probably will, in the past when we got promotions Alladyce , and munto, the manager or team was ripped apart the season after, this time we have kept LW, and all the players bar one, so this bodes well
    I wouldn’t say LW has limited coaching experience, he’s had over 10 years, albeit not as much as a No1 but plenty as assistant. Tbf Burchnall had quite a bit too but in my eyes not the same leadership qualities as LW.
    That said I think you’re right regards to the setup, it’s a master stroke the club doing their own recruitment and if certain managers won’t come because of that then so be it. I think this is the only way if you don’t want your squad overturned every year because the new manager wants their own players.

Quote Originally Posted by lunaspie View Post
    The Silence of the Laddo ?
    Just spat my coffee out lunaspie shame on you!!!!

We deserved to win the play-offs because we scored more than the opposition, and thats all that matters..

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    We deserved to win the play-offs because we scored more than the opposition, and thats all that matters..
    No body has said it was,nt deserved based on the season but the fact is , we came out on the right side of toss of the coin penelty shoot out, the fact is on the day Chesterfield were the better team, and barring a terrible mistake by their gaol keeper should have won.not because LW is a great Coach

Disagree that Chesterfield were the better side on the day. Yes they had some chances, but in general we were the better side after about half an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    100% obsessed!
    Or maybe just an accurate observation ? you decide !!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast