+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Player Rankings so far

Quote Originally Posted by BJPIE View Post
    Haha. There are some who view commentary on here as criticism. I'm not in a position to be critical, nor is anyone else on this board. We are not privy to what is being asked of players in certain situations and how well they meet that brief.
    What we can do is comment on what we see. Surely that's what the board is for??
    I'm sure LW doesn't scour the message board for tactical aid or team selection. ��
    If he does, might I suggest a run of games for TAR in the RWB position? I feel he is stronger defensively and delivers a better quality of cross from what I've seen.
    No doubting Nemanes significant contribution and we are lucky to have 2 such athletic players in that position. I just feel TAR may have greater quality at either end of the pitch should he be given chance to show it.
    TAR is better defensively where as AM is better attacking and on the other side AC is better defensively and JJ better attacking wise - I think a lot of that is due to their previous positions when they have played in teams with a back 4.
    I think Nemane will start most home games when we are more on the offensive but there is a strong case to bring TAR or Austin on in that position as the 2nd half progresses and to start one of them in away games
    We have an abundance of WB's and hopefully Randall will be fit soon to have another offensive LWB especially with Jones on International duty.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Good call with Brindley. After two pretty awful performances against Sutton and Lincoln, he's looked great. He was flawless away at Doncaster. Surprisingly, he looks better in the middle of the three rather than on the right.
    I think the whole squad is important and wouldn't like to call a top 5 performers as so many important contributions from everyone throughout the season even the game.
    I called for Brindley to be swapped with Rawlo after less than 10 minutes after their forward rinsed him in the first foot race when he started about a yard behind him.
    In our system of playing a high line he is fine even if they have a big centre forward as long as we pick up the 2nd ball and logically with his pace he can cover both sides and easier to see the whole of the pitch from the centre - Pedro did it back in the day with his pace(although that was in a back 4)
    On another point do the attacking wing backs expose the right and left central defenders - for instance Brindley didn't play so well on the right with Nemane in front of him
    Cameron had some not so good games last season with Chicksen in front but the most of the time they were solid without creating as much as the right side but started off this season more shaky as not having Chicksen there instead of Jones ?

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    I do like Nemane but for the amount of times he gets in really really dangerous positions his end product isnt the best….most likely why he ended up in the NL. That being said, the Nemane that joined the club and the one we see every week now are almost worlds apart. Who’s to say his end product won’t get better and better under LW?

A cross between him and Austin would be great! Austin seems to be one of, if not the, best crossers of the ball in the squad.
    Yes, Austin is a better crosser but there are other important points to consider which still make Nemane the better bet out wide.

- defenders and coaches hate being beaten by pace and penetrated more than anything else, it gives defences the jitters and spreads nerves and doubt
    - the chaos caused can lead to anything, even if the cross gets blocked
    - AN poses a big threat for defenders to get yellow and red cards
    - the fear of his pace pins them back and the deeper line decompresses play and gives us more space to play our dominant possession game

If you offer an opposition coach the chance to face Austin over Nemane, they'd snap our hands off 'yes, I'll have some of that' even if his crosses are better.

And as the great Richie Benaud used to say 'think of what your opponent least wants you do, then do that'

Quote Originally Posted by Proactive not Reactive View Post
    TAR is better defensively where as AM is better attacking and on the other side AC is better defensively and JJ better attacking wise - I think a lot of that is due to their previous positions when they have played in teams with a back 4.
    I think Nemane will start most home games when we are more on the offensive but there is a strong case to bring TAR or Austin on in that position as the 2nd half progresses and to start one of them in away games
    We have an abundance of WB's and hopefully Randall will be fit soon to have another offensive LWB especially with Jones on International duty.
    What I would say is both Jones and Nemane do track back every time which isn’t a given for every player that plays WB for their clubs and as you say they are excellent attacking wise.
    It will be interesting when Randall is back whether LW maybe uses Jones more attacking mid. I just don’t think he’s a natural winback, he’s doing very well there but I think that’s more due to he’s just a very good player.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    What I would say is both Jones and Nemane do track back every time which isn’t a given for every player that plays WB for their clubs and as you say they are excellent attacking wise.
    It will be interesting when Randall is back whether LW maybe uses Jones more attacking mid. I just don’t think he’s a natural winback, he’s doing very well there but I think that’s more due to he’s just a very good player.
    Yes, me too….super talented. I’d like to see him just off Macca alongside DM, but coming in from the right . I thought Randall was a number 10 too though?

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    Yes, me too….super talented. I’d like to see him just off Macca alongside DM, but coming in from the right . I thought Randall was a number 10 too though?
    He could be but I thought he was a wide player. Then again we seem to want to sign versatile players which is a great idea if they can play those different positions very well.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    He could be but I thought he was a wide player. Then again we seem to want to sign versatile players which is a great idea if they can play those different positions very well.
    I saw him at Alfreton and he looked comfortable wide-right. I think he's a player who can feature anywhere across the 4 in our 3-2-4-1

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Yes, Austin is a better crosser but there are other important points to consider which still make Nemane the better bet out wide.

- defenders and coaches hate being beaten by pace and penetrated more than anything else, it gives defences the jitters and spreads nerves and doubt
    - the chaos caused can lead to anything, even if the cross gets blocked
    - AN poses a big threat for defenders to get yellow and red cards
    - the fear of his pace pins them back and the deeper line decompresses play and gives us more space to play our dominant possession game

If you offer an opposition coach the chance to face Austin over Nemane, they'd snap our hands off 'yes, I'll have some of that' even if his crosses are better.

And as the great Richie Benaud used to say 'think of what your opponent least wants you do, then do that'
    100% correct. Ask Grimsby or Tranmere fans who our most dangerous attacking player was and Nemane would be near the top of the list. Grimsby’s left sided defender got taken off after half an hour. He’s set the tone for both of those games, and was still decent in the second half on Saturday.

I know it was last season but also ask Chesterfield after Nemane tormented their fullbacks throughout.

Cook was another manager who was forced to switch fullbacks during the game.

He was also pretty much our only attacking threat on the opening day at Sutton.

No surprise to see him on the list along with the outstanding Palmer and Bostock.

Nemane has been brilliant for us since LW took over.
    He is attack minded and the second a defender jumps in, he’s gone.
    What I also like about him is he steps up in the big games. Jones and Baldwin will be remembered as the heroes against Boreham, but that tackle he made in our box was just as important in getting us to Wembley. Behind Bostock he was also our best player on that day as well.
    As others have said, his final ball could be better. I thought it was a tactic last season to fizz the ball in low, but Jones and Austin have shown this season that we can get success from lifting one into the back post.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast