+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer deadline day thread

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    But that’s the game now and has been for years.

What a pity we never took advantage of clubs who needed to sell when we were in a strong position.

From Blues alone,

Redmond

Demari Gray

Jude and Jobe Bellingham

Che Adams

Jared Bowen, Ivan Toney, both absolute no brainers.

Callum Wilson when at severely cash strapped Coventry, on our doorstep and with 22 goals in 49 matches by 2014.

Most of the above I wanted, every one of them would’ve been better than what we’ve had or have now.

In the meantime we’ve wasted tens of millions on,

Chadli

Oliver Burke

Rondon

Brown Ideye

Callum McMannaman

Diangana

Zohorre

Dike

This is around £85m of utter waste whereas the players I’ve mentioned would’ve cost peanuts in comparison.

I’m sick of seeing our club getting completely rinsed by inadequate recruitment staff.

A ship of fools since Ashworth departed.
    Great post Mick. I wanted some of those players and Blues were never promotion favourites. My gripe is with teams who are already fancied making other teams weaker. And they have parachute payments. We’ve bought some tripe in comparison to many clubs.

Mowatt rumour off to Shef Wednesday ?
    Not one mention of an incoming player yet .

Apparently no more outgoings, but working on a right back, possibly USA player Cannon, we’ll end up with Frank Cannon knowing our recruitment department

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    Leeds Utd making an approach for Asante. Makes you sick, a team who are already one of the promotion favourites wanting one of our assets. It’s becoming a mini Prem. Top Prem teams are currently cherry picking talent from teams who need those players. It’s all about the money, has been for decades.
    I have heard this from a good source, though they are not 100% it’s going to happen. I sincerely hope not but if the price is right it will.
    We are, financially, in a mess thanks to Lai, so I’ll not be totally surprised if Leeds Utd pull it off.

Hope they fail though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bombers right foot View Post
    Apparently no more outgoings, but working on a right back, possibly USA player Cannon, we’ll end up with Frank Cannon knowing our recruitment department
    I can see the headline now as the deal falters at the end "Cannon backfires for Albion"

Quote Originally Posted by Bombers right foot View Post

Cannon will be a huge improvement on liability Furlong so taxi for him!!!

Football must be the greatest absurdity in sport. Eye watering sums of money for mediocre players, especially the foreign mercenaries (are they supplied by Wagner?). Money has certainly (for me, anyway) ruined football, thank you so much Sky and the Premier League. I still look out for our score and will watch the Albion ‘highlights’ but I am no longer interested in watching MOTD or the frightful ITV highlights programme.

Apparently it’s not Cannon but Pipa who played with CC at Huddersfield

Quote Originally Posted by baggiematt View Post
    Apparently it’s not Cannon but Pipa who played with CC at Huddersfield
    Pippa Middleton?

I’m buying a season ticket and sponsoring her kit.

I’ll require the used knickers after each match!

Albion reportedly in talks with former Huddersfield full back Pipa
    West Brom are reportedly in late talks with a full back Carlos Corberan is very familiar with.
    Pipa, currently with Ludogorets in Bulgaria, has played for Corberan at the Terriers, and he also took him to Olympiacos during his short spell at the club.
    The Daily Mail are reporting that Albion are in advanced talks to bring the full back to The Hawthorns.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)