+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Huddersfield Town Post Match Thoughts

We got Warnocked today they didn't allow us to play good football

Quote Originally Posted by redhouse View Post
    We got Warnocked today they didn't allow us to play good football
    Exactly. He knows how to play us - today's game was very similar to last season. Encouraging start and then run out of ideas. He also seems to have blended Wiles into his set-up well - although, he left his shooting boots at home.

Until Nombe becomes acclimatized to this league (hopefully), we're going to struggle up front. Perhaps a combination of him and Fred is the future?

Warnock reported to be leaving after Wednesday's home match. We have no pace up front. Seen enough of Hugill. Worry about our recruitment team for advising signing this slow talentless individual.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennMiller View Post
    Exactly. He knows how to play us - today's game was very similar to last season. Encouraging start and then run out of ideas. He also seems to have blended Wiles into his set-up well - although, he left his shooting boots at home.

Until Nombe becomes acclimatized to this league (hopefully), we're going to struggle up front. Perhaps a combination of him and Fred is the future?
    Glenn, after Fred's performance today I don't think that would work.

As for today, what a master tactician Warnock is. I hope Taylor picked up a few ideas from him today.

Look how Warnock stretched us to the limit when we took corners, he had two yes two of his players sit out on the wings on the halfway line waiting for the quick release ball from their keeper, forcing two of ours back to defend deep so as not to affect the corners. Those two up front ran us ragged at times.

Why do we also insist on having a dummy player, Green today, stood at the side of the corner taker? Player wasted and you didn't see Warnock using this tactic, just one man taking their corner and the rest of his squad were in or around the fringes of the box when they took theirs.

Yes they were at home but if we insist in playing Hugill up front on his own we are going nowhere. It looks as though he is still carrying that knee injury, not so fast as we know he can be, so on his own he's doomed. The second half he was spent and their centre half had him in his pocket up to him being subbed. Now someone please explain to me how on earth Eaves gets the nod over Kelly? You know if Kelly plays he's a handful, no he can't do a full game but for crying out loud he gives 50% more than Eaves even tries.

Eaves showed us what he is truly all about with that awful awful free header today! Still yet to score for us and simply stealing a wage from this club. Please don't tell me it's what Taylor must see in training, that don't wash with me.

Today's performance seemed okay for the first 20, the start of the second half for about 10 minutes and errrrrrrrr??????

Taylor simply has to re think his formation as it's something that may well help us definitely away from home so, think hard Matt and at least try two up front and take a game to the opposition before we get caught up in a pre Xmas relegation scrap. Don't care if it's Nombe and Kelly but please try something new.

We need to play 3 cbs. 2 does not work when our full backs are up the pitch attacking good tho they are at that. We get too exposed on the counter because of this.

The prob is are we capable of playing 3 cbs every week given our cbs injury records?
    Also.much as i liked what i saw of clucas today, i still thinlk we should have used the last space for cb/ rb cover

I havent a clue who will play as a natural right b/ rwb if dexter is knacked. Nor who will play at cb if blackett or humphries out. Would morrison, hall or peltier be fit or last 90 mins even if they were?

Seems to me if we have to have a young lad in to make up our squad we should have at least kept a defender who may cover right or centre back.

The last thing we need is to play 3 CBs.

Quote Originally Posted by MillersTime View Post
    The last thing we need is to play 3 CBs.
    Agreed.

Why? Our defence was totally exposed to the quick break aways today when bramall and dexter were forward. We either do that or dont give dexter and bramall licence to roam forward and just use em as static full backs.

There were massive holes in our defence today on the counter. What do you put it down to?

We have to be a tighter unit in defence particularly away

Also we need to play 2 up front. 1 at the side of hugill. I think hugill has been generally poor but to be fair to him there is nobody near him when he goes to flick on balls.

I think either fred, green, nombe or georgie could provide that role. We dont need em on the wings we have good attacking full backs to get the crosses in. Gey 3 in the middle for the crosses.

3 5 2 is the way forrud gents but only if we have the cds

2 that should say!
    Also while im at it the crosses were piss poor today. How we missed cafu

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast