+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Viktor Johansson

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    See January not the tallest that will reduce fee we'd get for him. All our best keepers had flaws that's why they were here.
    Gordon Banks 6ft Tall, Viktor 6ft 1inch Tall.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    Gordon Banks 6ft Tall, Viktor 6ft 1inch Tall.
    Iker Casillas stood around six feet tall; Dino Zoff likewise. Chelsea legend Peter Bonetti was around 5'9 in stature. Fabian Barthez, 5'11.

In my decades of supporting the Millers, I’d say Viking is the best I’ve seen as one of our own between the sticks (i.e. excluding loan players)

If Bazunu cost £12M, then why should we think £5M is good for Viktor?

Whatever the deal and it should be a good one,we need to insist on an international first team appearance style clause aswell,so much an appearance for next club to pay, cos I think he will be swedens number one too soon enough..!..

Quote Originally Posted by clarkey1974 View Post
    Whatever the deal and it should be a good one,we need to insist on an international first team appearance style clause aswell,so much an appearance for next club to pay, cos I think he will be swedens number one too soon enough..!..
    I think Robin Olsen at Villa will be Swedens goalkeeper for 2 to 3 yrs yet.By that time I would imagine Viktor to be gone.

He is by far the best in the Championship and easily the best we've had at the club .Regarding his height,Jordan Pickford is no taller and he is the current England goalkeeper.Bazunu going at £12 million,who is no way near as good as Victor puts our excellent goalkeeper to an higher level in value.He is a prize asset to this club and thank you very much Victor for extending your stay with us.Top,top man.

Quote Originally Posted by HensonsPRman View Post
    The best 3 for me, who all want onto play in the top division, are in no particular order are: Seamus McDonagh, Tom McAllister, and Bobby Mimms. All 3 played for their country at either U21 or full senior level. I think Victor is up there with all 3
    We sold Tom Mc because we'd unearthed a real gem in Mountford who sadly was prevented from fulfilling his promise because of injuries whereas Tom was still playing in the top flight a decade later
    Has nobody mentioned Matt Clarke?
    Billy Mercer wasn't bad either
    Sadly I don't remember seeing Danny Bolton or Jock Quairney play but Roy Ironside was a very good keeper and I remember that his contemporary Gordon Morritt went from working at Steelos to being Jock's back-up and having one very good season for us - do I remember right that we once played him up front during an injury crisis and he scored? Mind you, he used to play centre forward for the reserves and was always top scorer.....
    if we're counting loan keepers Rodak was decent and Iversen looked immense at the beginning but faded towards the end of that season
    shout out for Josh Vickers too - 2 seasons ago, Josh looked slightly the better of 2 outstanding keepers IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    We sold Tom Mc because we'd unearthed a real gem in Mountford who sadly was prevented from fulfilling his promise because of injuries whereas Tom was still playing in the top flight a decade later
    Has nobody mentioned Matt Clarke?
    Billy Mercer wasn't bad either
    Sadly I don't remember seeing Danny Bolton or Jock Quairney play but Roy Ironside was a very good keeper and I remember that his contemporary Gordon Morritt went from working at Steelos to being Jock's back-up and having one very good season for us - do I remember right that we once played him up front during an injury crisis and he scored? Mind you, he used to play centre forward for the reserves and was always top scorer.....
    if we're counting loan keepers Rodak was decent and Iversen looked immense at the beginning but faded towards the end of that season
    shout out for Josh Vickers too - 2 seasons ago, Josh looked slightly the better of 2 outstanding keepers IMO
    Walt, how long have you being watching the Millers?

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    I think Robin Olsen at Villa will be Swedens goalkeeper for 2 to 3 yrs yet.By that time I would imagine Viktor to be gone.
    Well actually I don”t know about that,Exeter was still getting £50k from villa every time Ollie Watkins got a call up to the England squad,I think it’s elapsed now.but he was at Brentford in between..so some sort of agreement must have been passed on each time..same as Jordan Pickford I think Carlisle get £10k every time he plays for England.don’t know who pays for that but they get it.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast