+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 71 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: Choose your next Manager

Managing RUFC in the Championship is going to be a challenge. But a challenge that any young manager on the up would relish.

At this point, if we retain the services of MT, most would agree that relegation looks inevitable. However, with an upturn in player motivation and some improvement in the run of dismal results, it's not inconceivable that we could close the gap on the group of clubs above us.

A new manager has a realistic target, but wouldn't be regarded as a failure if we did drop down.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Those I wouldn't like to be next Manager:

Gareth Ainsworth - The mans approach to a game, boring, cheating, non inspirational...zzzzzzzz

Nigel Clough - Too long at it and never proven himself

Nigel Pearson - Apparently he has a health problem. That would be non conducive to either party if he was always away from the club.

An old club duo of non proven people who would just be brought in for the cheap option like Sir Richard Wood and Frecks.

Paul Hurst - Too big for him. A great loyal servant to the club but don't let sentiment get in the way.
    I was just been sarcastic about Wood and Frecks others are talking bollax I thought I would join in. 😎

An open question for all….as the day has gone on as anyone changed their view on the situation..?..

1st thing next manager should do it's show some bottle & move back to the home dugout not like who vacated it!

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Those I wouldn't like to be next Manager:

Gareth Ainsworth - The mans approach to a game, boring, cheating, non inspirational...zzzzzzzz

Nigel Clough - Too long at it and never proven himself

Nigel Pearson - Apparently he has a health problem. That would be non conducive to either party if he was always away from the club.

An old club duo of non proven people who would just be brought in for the cheap option like Sir Richard Wood and Frecks.

Paul Hurst - Too big for him. A great loyal servant to the club but don't let sentiment get in the way.
    I’ve see worse Brin,Nigel Clough,Over the next decade, during half of which he continued to play a regular role on the field, Clough took Burton up from the seventh tier of the English football league system to the brink of promotion to League Two. Halfway through the 2008–09 season he followed in his father's footsteps by joining Derby County as manager but was dismissed in September 2013. He was appointed as manager of Sheffield United a month later, guiding them out of the relegation zone and taking the club to FA Cup and League Cup semi-finals. He was dismissed in May 2015 and returned to Burton in December, leading them to promotion to the Championship for the first time in the club's history in May 2016 and the League Cup semi-final in January 2019. He stepped down in May 2020, and returned to work in November at Mansfield Town.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    I’ve see worse Brin,Nigel Clough,Over the next decade, during half of which he continued to play a regular role on the field, Clough took Burton up from the seventh tier of the English football league system to the brink of promotion to League Two. Halfway through the 2008–09 season he followed in his father's footsteps by joining Derby County as manager but was dismissed in September 2013. He was appointed as manager of Sheffield United a month later, guiding them out of the relegation zone and taking the club to FA Cup and League Cup semi-finals. He was dismissed in May 2015 and returned to Burton in December, leading them to promotion to the Championship for the first time in the club's history in May 2016 and the League Cup semi-final in January 2019. He stepped down in May 2020, and returned to work in November at Mansfield Town.
    He probably fits the "lowest Championship salary and lowest Championship budget" profile too 🙂

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    He probably fits the "lowest Championship salary and lowest Championship budget" profile too ��
    There lies the problem.Is it time for TS to sell up ?There were a number of interested parties earlier this year.We all appreciate the new stadium etc. but if we cannot attract a decent manager because of this continuous "the lowest budget",we will go down and not come back.MT has had his hands tied.We sold Barlaser for peanuts,took a cut on Wiles and gave Ogbene away for nothing.All he has had to spend is the Wiles money.There were a number of players he wanted to bring in before the season started but we were not prepared to pay the going rate and this frustrated him.I'm not saying MT hasn't made mistakes but we must back the next manager properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Pocket rocket View Post
    I was just been sarcastic about Wood and Frecks others are talking bollax I thought I would join in. ��
    Nice one pocket...

Quote Originally Posted by clarkey1974 View Post
    An open question for all….as the day has gone on as anyone changed their view on the situation..?..
    Nope. Imo MT should be manager till may at least. Stay up or relegation. If I were TS I would be telling Taylor, "get on with the job, it's a discussion for end of season"

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Nope. Imo MT should be manager till may at least. Stay up or relegation. If I were TS I would be telling Taylor, "get on with the job, it's a discussion for end of season"
    As boring as that idea sounds it's perhaps the most sensible one. In life ,when a decision has to be made,I always think that 8 out of 10 times the answer is to do nothing.The art to good decisions is knowing when those 2 occasions to do something have arrived!

Page 4 of 71 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast