+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Favourites to sign in January - Yorkshire Post

Quote Originally Posted by Millmoordays View Post
    Here here, well said.
    Cafu changed the game when he came on at Blackburn we looked a lot more dangerous going forward and he looked well up for the fight .

We will not be able to get anyone better in January .

Quote Originally Posted by redhouse View Post
    Cafu changed the game when he came on at Blackburn we looked a lot more dangerous going forward and he looked well up for the fight .

I agree Redhouse. Let's not forget that a lot of people on here and elsewhere were raving about Cafu's early performances for us and were pleased that we had an option of an extra year on his contract.
    There's no doubt that he has quality and I'm hoping LR will get some consistency out of him particularly if he can improve the balance of the team in January.
    As you say, it's unlikely we'll get anyone better given our limited budget.

Quote Originally Posted by redhouse View Post

Could be argued that it was Dexters removal that changed the game.
    I’ve enjoyed dexters forward / attacking play, balances out his poorer defensive duties, however Saturday he didn’t show the qualities that we need to get out of the situation we are in.
    I do like Cafu, think he’s exactly the player we need to compete in the championship.

We are desperate for some creativity in midfield, Ollie is the workhorse, Haks,Lindsay and Tiehi are very similar, mostly defensive minded, Cafu is a bit different to all of these.
    But we are still missing that proper winger, or attacking midfielder who will give the opposition something to think about, and also feed the strikers.
    We all used to moan about Chieo's poor crossing, but he was a real threat going forward, we don't have anyone like that at the moment,Appiah certainly isn't the answer.

Watched Blackburn game I must be the only one who thought Cafu didn't look up for it when he got on. When we get Fred back like to see him or Nombe up front he's not a wide player.

I think LR has the squad together and believing again, I think having Morrison on his side is a huge factor in that. Cafu looked sharp when he came on and Revan crossing for the goal was just what we need, he has been a different player under LR. I do think MT lost the plot and it showed in his comments towards the end, but we will see.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Watched Blackburn game I must be the only one who thought Cafu didn't look up for it when he got on. .
    Finally you get one right. WP m8

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Watched Blackburn game I must be the only one who thought Cafu didn't look up for it when he got on. When we get Fred back like to see him or Nombe up front he's not a wide player.
    You usually are the only one who has rubbish thoughts.
    Haven't you realised that yet?

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Finally you get one right. WP m8
    Btw I'm not agreeing with you about cafu. Just the "your the only one" bit.

Cafu I'd get shut luxury player. Forget Barlaser Vaulks was our type of player direct win ball then look to get on end of something in the box, could take a decent free kick as well since he left us corners also. Type of midfielder we need now.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast