+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Those released. Where will they land?

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    So pretty much 12 months out. Bloody hell.
    Not unusual for ACL injuries, it isn't unheard of for 18 months out, a few years back it was career ending

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Not unusual for ACL injuries, it isn't unheard of for 18 months out, a few years back it was career ending
    I wonder if he'll be the same player.

I wonder if he'll be the same player.
    Wasn't Jones' injuries ACLs? He seems to have come back fine. I think it is all to do with the physio team, planning. support, facilities and so on. We seem to be well covered there, and they seem to be respected and supported by the players and management. I think Palmer will come back in as good shape as he can be.

Quote Originally Posted by Kent Magpie View Post
    Wasn't Jones' injuries ACLs? He seems to have come back fine. I think it is all to do with the physio team, planning. support, facilities and so on. We seem to be well covered there, and they seem to be respected and supported by the players and management. I think Palmer will come back in as good shape as he can be.
    It is something that RM needs to keep in mind though when he is determining the size and shape of the squad. We don’t want another season starting with the bare minimum and hoping for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by 1955pie View Post
    It is something that RM needs to keep in mind though when he is determining the size and shape of the squad. We don’t want another season starting with the bare minimum and hoping for the best.
    I totally agree. I think we need at least 2 more CMs anyway, now Bostock and JoB have gone, to provide competition and allow rotation. I would be concerned starting the season with a midfield group of Crowley and Austin, and Robertson and Palmer covering attacking and defensive duties respectively.

I totally agree. I think we need at least 2 more CMs anyway, now Bostock and JoB have gone, to provide competition and allow rotation. I would be concerned starting the season with a midfield group of Crowley and Austin, and Robertson and Palmer covering attacking and defensive duties respectively.
    Bajrami should be added to the defensive list, assuming he signs a new deal. But yes, two more to replace the two outgoing CMs is needed.

Bajrami should be added to the defensive list, assuming he signs a new deal. But yes, two more to replace the two outgoing CMs is needed.
    Good point. I hope he comes good, but he is already a year behind in learning L2. We may need to be patient.

Quote Originally Posted by LeftPeg_Pie View Post
    Absolutely agree. Surely if he was X, Y and Z he’d have been bombed out.

There’s definitely a player in there. I’ve said on here previously that I think he was asked to do too much from a tactical point of view in that role. But he also made some brain dead errors.

I think with some actual competition for his place (Brindley, Warner and Connell never provided that), that could have provided a need for him to sharpen up and improve. Maybe he was on a decent whack, or would have wanted a decent whack to extend.

Overall, I think we can replace him effectively so was the correct decision.
    From what I hear, there was an offer. In fact discussions have taken place for sometime. But an offer on the proviso of a 'squad player'.

We may need to be patient.
    Yep - that'll happen.

Quote Originally Posted by LLCoolA View Post
    From what I hear, there was an offer. In fact discussions have taken place for sometime. But an offer on the proviso of a 'squad player'.
    As we saw with Sam Slocombe, it’s one thing to say they will be a “squad player” - and then circumstances completely changing that and suddenly they’re playing 40 games and repeating the same old mistakes.

The die was cast for Baldwin when he returned for pre-season out of shape - what a terrible message to send to your colleagues, management and the fans, especially on the back of our return to the EFL.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast