+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: He was our No 1 choice from the outset.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    So it might be you agreeing with me.
    So it could be me that needs to reconsider.

It probably will be me that needs to reconsider.
    I can’t see you thinking about it first.
    "Say that again Ollie".

David Wagner just got sacked.

How about him if he would come. Might not fit our budget though?

Quote Originally Posted by EthelRed View Post
    David Wagner just got sacked.

How about him if he would come. Might not fit our budget though?
    Such a negative coach in my opinion. It’s a no from me.

Quote Originally Posted by NerfHerder View Post
    Such a negative coach in my opinion. It’s a no from me.
    True… Set about with Narwich to get 2 draws against Leeds, and take his chance with penalties ( how he got the dog botherers up). Most definitely no…. But he will be buying the house next to his best mate Jurgen back in Germany now they are both gonna be unemployed.
    One trick Pony…… bit like Duff, and Wilson.
    Won’t be repeated.

Not Stendel then, he’s signed a contract with Hannover.

Not many names left on the bookies list so would mean either it’s Williamson’s or we will get a left field one in.

I've said it before - We are a poisoned chalice. If you are in a job as a manager we are of little appeal - I think the board over estimate the lure of the club. We sack managers when we have one of the lower budgets in the division and are in 5th after 45 games. If someone came in as manager and we were sat in 5th place, they would rightly be looking over their shoulder.

Only one thing for it - a rookie manager. I would now turn my attentions to someone like Hourihane or Ashley Cole and get an experienced wingman in - I cant think of anyone, but someone like SW have got in Chris Powell.

You never know from rumours how close it all was , but when we see manger at 1/8 etc for the job on 3 or more occasions , you cant help but think theyve talked to them and thought 'not for me thanks'!

There goes my dream of a season of fun, entertaining, attacking football under Stendel.

Back to the world of boring, efficient,slow possession football.

If this rumour was true then all I can say is well done Dan for staying where you are lad.
    They just love the rumour mill this lot.

Early Bird Season Ticket deadline extended again ?

Thalhammer, Wellens, Duff, Stendel---all deals that have been signed and ready to announce according to the Not Just a Rumour but Definitely In The Know Club.

Chronicle Reporting:

Former Barnsley boss Daniel Stendel has signed a new contract with Hannover 96, after being in contention for the head coach job at Oakwell.
    The German, who is manager of Hannover reserves who have just won their league, was a leading contender to take over at the Reds who he led to promotion from League One in 2019.

But today it was announced that he had signed a new three-year with Hannover.
    The Chronicle understands Stendel was tempted by a return to Oakwell but had reservations about leaving his family in Germany again or relocating them. He is also thought to have had doubts about the club's strategy and transfer policy.
    There are thought to be other candidates at advanced stages of the recruitment process, a month after the sacking of Neill Collins.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast