+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 40 of 62 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: New manager

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Absolutely right. We don't have the squad for Warnock's style and it would be such a waste of all that's been created over the last few seasons in terms of style, identity and attractive, modern footie. Warnock gave us some of the best times we've known a few decades back but let's cherish those fantastic memories and leave them in the past.
    Tend to agree with your post.

Quote Originally Posted by PTID1862 View Post
    And... knocker is now in to 4/1 lol
    This can’t have legs surely? The ONLY way for Warnock to be considered by the Bros is if their preferred man isn’t available until after the season has ended. Even then, would they really want to work with him?

Yes, can't rely on betting odds. But from what I've read about Maynard it's almost certain he's one of a very short list of contenders.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    This can’t have legs surely? The ONLY way for Warnock to be considered by the Bros is if their preferred man isn’t available until after the season has ended. Even then, would they really want to work with him?
    Seems highly unlikely to me. I reckon a few people have put two and two together (Ex-Notts and available) and made 5, then lobbed a tenner on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    I don’t thinks he’s that hard to work with, he had a great relationship with Pavis and Simon Jordan waxes lyrical about how good he was to work with.
    I think that’s the only way he comes in as you said if we have to wait till the Summer, then again if it’s a contract thing if they’ve only got a few months left then the compo won’t be that big.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    I don’t thinks he’s that hard to work with, he had a great relationship with Pavis and Simon Jordan waxes lyrical about how good he was to work with.
    I think that’s the only way he comes in as you said if we have to wait till the Summer, then again if it’s a contract thing if they’ve only got a few months left then the compo won’t be that big.
    I don’t think it’s him but his style they wouldn’t work with. Could Warnock still have us playing an expansive, attack minded, passing game? I’d imagine the players would enjoy the way he’d manage them, but not sure he could coach the way the Bros want.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    No it’s just people betting 10/20 quid on it. Maybe we will get some news this week, I’m hoping so as I think it will help bringing in players.
    It’s written in the stars we will make a end of January management appointment and on deadline day just sign the **** nobody else wants happens most years and we never learn.

Quote Originally Posted by WarsopPie View Post
    It’s written in the stars we will make a end of January management appointment and on deadline day just sign the **** nobody else wants happens most years and we never learn.
    Where have you been for the last 2 years

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Seems highly unlikely to me. I reckon a few people have put two and two together (Ex-Notts and available) and made 5, then lobbed a tenner on it.
    It's more than it if what Mace has said is true. He'd basically be saying to the owners, "if you've realised that you've gone as far as you can go having total control and need to trust somebody with experience, I'm yer man."

Any club below tier 2 turning Warnock down would be out of their tiny little minds.

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    Where have you been for the last 2 years
    Same place as you banjo string

Page 40 of 62 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast