+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 409 of 923 FirstFirst ... 309359399407408409410411419459509909 ... LastLast
Results 4,081 to 4,090 of 9227

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post
    Unless they bought votes, does it really make a difference?
    Well on the basis that the Brexit campaign was allegedly based on ‘reclaiming sovereignty’, I’d suggest...yes!

I also find it deeply suspicious that Nigel - I’m standing for ‘everyman’ against the elite - Farage is best buddies with a politically motivated American billionaire while Banks appears to be in cahoots with wealthy Russians.

All may not be as it seems then, mista. Like RR before him, Parky tends to know about these things.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 24-01-2019 at 03:14 PM.

All this really crystallizes as an argument about who's **** is the better flavour - I'm sure one does, but it's still ****

Incidentally, re GP's comment that 'racism can come in different shapes and sizes', clearly one of those shapes is that of a Derbeian, because we were called out as such by Denise Abbott after her Steve Biggins-esque performance on last weeks Question Time. So if you were one of the 20,000 she estimated to be in the audience last week, you've been fingered
    Last edited by Andy_Faber; 24-01-2019 at 05:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    All this really crystallizes as an argument about who's **** is the better flavour - I'm sure one does, but it's still ****

Incidentally, re GP's comment that 'racism can come in different shapes and sizes', clearly one of those shapes is that of a Derbeian, because we were called out as such by Denise Abbott after her Steve Biggins-esque performance on last weeks Question Time. So if you were one of the 20,000 she estimated to be in the audience last week, you've been fingered
    Id sooner be fingered by Dianne Abbot than the other way round

Fnaaar fnaar

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post

It certainly encapsulates the argument about the BBC, Andy...that ‘lefty/liberal’ anti-Brexit organisation, as I think you’ve implied it to be at various times, now accused of racism and a pro-Brexit stance in the shape of everyone’s favourite...the lovely Fiona Bruce.

No idea what went on in the ‘warm up’ to last week’s QT that seems to have upset DA so much. Didn’t even know they had a ‘warm up’ tbh.
    My take is that there did appear to be a disproportionately large number of particularly vociferous Brexiteers in last week’s QT audience and there was a general tone of rudeness, hostility and disrespect.
    On the other hand, it seems a long time since Diane Abbott held any great credibility as a serious politician. She seems to me to be a classic example of someone who may have been ‘promoted’ beyond her ability. She has possibly benefited in the past from ‘positive discrimination’ but I don’t think she was ‘targetted’ last week because she is black...rather because she has become an object of ridicule and now seems incapable of maintaining a coherent argument.
    There are, again imo, some very good and capable politicians in the Labour Party...unfortunately Corbyn and Abbott are not two of them which is one of the reasons this dreadful and totally incompetent Tory/DUP Government remains in ‘power’.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    It certainly encapsulates the argument about the BBC, Andy...that ‘lefty/liberal’ anti-Brexit organisation, as I think you’ve implied it to be at various times, now accused of racism and a pro-Brexit stance in the shape of everyone’s favourite...the lovely Fiona Bruce.

No idea what went on in the ‘warm up’ to last week’s QT that seems to have upset DA so much. Didn’t even know they had a ‘warm up’ tbh.
    My take is that there did appear to be a disproportionately large number of particularly vociferous Brexiteers in last week’s QT audience and there was a general tone of rudeness, hostility and disrespect.
    On the other hand, it seems a long time since Diane Abbott held any great credibility as a serious politician. She seems to me to be a classic example of someone who may have been ‘promoted’ beyond her ability. She has possibly benefited in the past from ‘positive discrimination’ but I don’t think she was ‘targetted’ last week because she is black...rather because she has become an object of ridicule and now seems incapable of maintaining a coherent argument.
    There are, again imo, some very good and capable politicians in the Labour Party...unfortunately Corbyn and Abbott are not two of them which is one of the reasons this dreadful and totally incompetent Tory/DUP Government remains in ‘power’.
    Lots of opinions to 'unpack' there RA, maybe I'll wait til Swale puts his sherry down at midnight and passes judgement

In a sense the Beeb can't win but I genuinely believe they have started to overstretch their brief into influencing the public not informing it. stepping back from my usual perspective, this https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08dx4lz saw the usually excellent Katya Adler simply deciding to put on her ***y boots and give the inner workings of the EU a good kicking, totally out of character with her other work. I think factions of the Beeb are 'playing with us', not only in the area of my usual diversity hobby horse either
    Last edited by Andy_Faber; 24-01-2019 at 08:12 PM.

Anyone else noticed how the pound strengthens in direct correlation to the prospect of a ‘no deal’ Brexit becoming ever more remote?
    Tells me a lot....a strong pound is crucial to a trading nation that imports more essential goods than it exports...the more likely a second referendum - and an outbreak of informed common sense - becomes the stronger the pound becomes. Just saying.

P.S. Apologies to those who thought this thread had disappeared but nothing is more boring than DCFCA’s repetitive anti Morris/Lampard moaning and, as has been said elsewhere, Brexit will be life changing...DCFC won’t...not this season anyway.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 27-02-2019 at 09:32 AM.

To be fair, DCFCA's moaning about MM is on a par with your moaning about a second referendum in terms of boringness. And also I notice you only comment on this thread as the prospect of a pointless second referendum raises its likelihood.

Are you sure you aren't DCFCA in disguise? We should be told 😒

Hi
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    To be fair, DCFCA's moaning about MM is on a par with your moaning about a second referendum in terms of boringness. And also I notice you only comment on this thread as the prospect of a pointless second referendum raises its likelihood.

Are you sure you aren't DCFCA in disguise? We should be told ��
    Lol...absolutely positive.
    Also, tbf, I don’t moan about the second referendum...as I said...’just saying’. Raising the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Hi

Lol...absolutely positive.
    Also, tbf, I don’t moan about the second referendum...as I said...’just saying’. Raising the issue.
    Ah but you will if remain lose that one as well! especially with another minority majority for brexit

IF.... and it's a chuffin huge IF....... there is a 2nd referendum, we should have 3 choices on it (I still won't get a vote though).

1. Out No Deal
    2. Out with May's crappy deal that sees us out but still more than partially in (if I have read things correctly
    3. Remain

If no individual choice gets a minimum of 50% +1 of the votes cast, there is another referendum, a straight fight between the 2 standpoints gaining the most votes in the new referendum.

Page 409 of 923 FirstFirst ... 309359399407408409410411419459509909 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)