+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 41 of 78 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- The other Notts [Cricket]

In a game where nearly 200 hundred runs were scored in 16 overs, and to lose by one run, I just think however disappointing, it is hard to blame anyone. If anything I think not only in this game, but the others as well, our quicker bowlers have lacked accuracy.
    After the top three or so, it is always going to be hard coming in with so little time to 'get your eye in', especially in such a short time when chasing at a very high run rate.
    As Dan Christian has said though, it is better to peak near the end of the group stages than at the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    In a game where nearly 200 hundred runs were scored in 16 overs, and to lose by one run, I just think however disappointing, it is hard to blame anyone. If anything I think not only in this game, but the others as well, our quicker bowlers have lacked accuracy.
    After the top three or so, it is always going to be hard coming in with so little time to 'get your eye in', especially in such a short time when chasing at a very high run rate.
    As Dan Christian has said though, it is better to peak near the end of the group stages than at the beginning.
    Yet another thrashing (by Yorkshire this time). Notts are supposed to be good aren't they? At the moment we are serious contenders for the wooden spoon. Almost makes you glad to get back to the glory of the VNL.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Ross View Post
    Yet another thrashing (by Yorkshire this time). Notts are supposed to be good aren't they? At the moment we are serious contenders for the wooden spoon. Almost makes you glad to get back to the glory of the VNL.
    I watched most of the live stream, and we were never in the game. Mullaney and Christian added a degree of respectability, but the top order were pathetic. Alex Hales is living on his reputation, and Joe Clarke needs dropping to try and wake him up a bit. If it's an easy target he will do the business, if it's a difficult target he will consistently bottle it. He has loads of talent, but he also has the heart of a mouse.

Seems like the cricket strangely analogues the football: Flat-track / no pressure kings.

I would say we are a stale team and we have shall we say too many “unfit” players in the field.

Not saying we won’t go through as we have the experience.

The biggest mystery is how Tom Moore’s has a pro contract .....oh yeah daddy is boss.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    I would say we are a stale team and we have shall we say too many “unfit” players in the field.

Not saying we won’t go through as we have the experience.

The biggest mystery is how Tom Moore’s has a pro contract .....oh yeah daddy is boss.
    I confess I'm only a casual observer of cricket and I wouldn't claim to know a huge amount about the Nottinghamshire squad, but what does surprise me is how many players seem to have been there for a very long time, especially bearing in mind this sizeable and prestigious club, with a Test-match quality ground, has somehow got relegated to division two of the County Championship more than once.

From a layman's point of view I get the impression of a club that's a bit too comfortable, where 'old boys' get contracts renewed too automatically, possible at the expense of fresh talent from England and overseas. I may be completely wrong, but shouldn't Nottinghamshire CCC be aiming higher?

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    I confess I'm only a casual observer of cricket and I wouldn't claim to know a huge amount about the Nottinghamshire squad, but what does surprise me is how many players seem to have been there for a very long time, especially bearing in mind this sizeable and prestigious club, with a Test-match quality ground, has somehow got relegated to division two of the County Championship more than once.

From a layman's point of view I get the impression of a club that's a bit too comfortable, where 'old boys' get contracts renewed too automatically, possible at the expense of fresh talent from England and overseas. I may be completely wrong, but shouldn't Nottinghamshire CCC be aiming higher?
    I would agree with that Jackal.

It all starts from the very top Newell seems bullet proof we know why that is too !

In County Championship we have given youngsters a go LPW Evison James and we are doing well.

T20 is always a hit & miss format but I think we are stale as you say its always the same names selected some on what they have done in the past.

I am going off Notts CCC of late, not so much for the cricket itself, more for the way they push the link with their mates next door. If you look at their website, there is lots of red and white appearing. Bracegirdle the Radio Red cricket presenter, who commentates on NCCC live streams is a Florist fan, and finds it very hard not to mention them in his commentaries.
    Maybe it is me being churlish.

I am going off Notts CCC of late, not so much for the cricket itself, more for the way they push the link with their mates next door. If you look at their website, there is lots of red and white appearing. Bracegirdle the Radio Red cricket presenter, who commentates on NCCC live streams is a Florist fan, and finds it very hard not to mention them in his commentaries.
    No not at all.
    I am sick of the endless Forest comments too.
    Half the team support Forest including the overseas players it would seem.
    Not going to change anytime soon, we know Radio Red's love of all things Forest related.

Uurrgghh! Glad I've got a few hundred miles worth of immunity.

But if the F-worders have a 'mare season all this fair weather support will disappear as suddenly as it appeared.

Page 41 of 78 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast