+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 41 of 98 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast

Thread: Careless Tories!

Andrew Brigden expelled from the Tories for comparing the covid vaccine to the holocaust.

Suggestions he might join Laurence Fox reclaim party, says it all really.

MPs being expelled left right and centre (pun intended), will we have anyone left to vote for?

Now that is twisting facts to suit your agenda rA. Much of those deaths were caused by the inadvertent introduction of new diseases to the continent, against which the indigenous peoples had no resistance, by the conquistadors.

Next you'll be blaming the COVID "genocide" on the Chinese

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Now that is twisting facts to suit your agenda rA. Much of those deaths were caused by the inadvertent introduction of new diseases to the continent, against which the indigenous peoples had no resistance, by the conquistadors.

Next you'll be blaming the COVID "genocide" on the Chinese
    That’s a very fair point, GP which I completely accept, however ‘genocide’ is the destruction of a nation or ethnic group so I’m not sure how much it matters how it was done. The % destruction of the indigenous population via colonisation of the ‘Americas’ is quite staggering and there were plenty of massacres, rapes and people sold into slavery along the way.

I'm sure there were plenty such massacres etc, but my point is that I define genocide as being deliberate. The inadvertent transmission of measles, flu, smallpox etc was not wilful and something 15th century medical science couldn't have stopped when it took holf

I'm sure there were plenty such massacres etc, but my point is that I define genocide as being deliberate. The inadvertent transmission of measles, flu, smallpox etc was not wilful and something 15th century medical science couldn't have stopped when it took holf
    Fine lines, GP...what was initially ‘inadvertent’ probably didn’t remain so and many, many deaths were attributable to war, violence and displacement too.
    You may define genocide as ‘being deliberate’ but, while I can see your point completely, not everyone does. You know as well as I do the levels of cruelty and violence that were synonymous with colonisation and the deliberate eradication of Native North American tribes was, imo, very comparable, in terms of horrifying human atrocity, with the Holocaust.
    Either way, returning to the main topic, my point is that, by pointing out one example of human wrongdoing on a vast scale I am not belittling or being in any way ‘anti’ another.

Quote Originally Posted by SithHappens View Post
    Andrew Brigden expelled from the Tories for comparing the covid vaccine to the holocaust.

Suggestions he might join Laurence Fox reclaim party, says it all really.

MPs being expelled left right and centre (pun intended), will we have anyone left to vote for?
    Good God! Bridgen and Laurence Fox together. What a combination. Might as well have no one to vote for.

Nor the ***ual diseases that decimated the pacific islands. Hawiian islands lost 80% of its populations in only 60 years since Cooks arrival. I don't think racist gencide was at the forefront though.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Fine lines, GP...what was initially ‘inadvertent’ probably didn’t remain so and many, many deaths were attributable to war, violence and displacement too.
    You may define genocide as ‘being deliberate’ but, while I can see your point completely, not everyone does. You know as well as I do the levels of cruelty and violence that were synonymous with colonisation and the deliberate eradication of Native North American tribes was, imo, very comparable, in terms of horrifying human atrocity, with the Holocaust.
    Either way, returning to the main topic, my point is that, by pointing out one example of human wrongdoing on a vast scale I am not belittling or being in any way ‘anti’ another.
    Yes I think there probably was a difference between the conquistadors taking down the Incas, Aztecs, Mayans etc and the more deliberate slaughter of the Redskins in North America

Yes I think there probably was a difference between the conquistadors taking down the Incas, Aztecs, Mayans etc and the more deliberate slaughter of the Redskins in North America
    Indeed...but let’s not start down the apologist route for Columbus and the later Conquistadors...their wrongdoing and contribution to genocide was by no means confined to the spread of fatal disease.

Anyway back to the subject of the thread, good to see BBC Chair Sharp fall on his sword, though he should have done that much sooner!

ironically what led to his downfall was omitting to declare his arranging the fat buffoons loan and not his previous £400k donation to the Tory party! Now that really is careless, because if he had declared it, there more than likely wouldn't have been an issue - but one gets the impression with these people that ehy feel the rules don't apply to them.

All that remains now is to get rid of the other Tory plants at the head of the BBC.

Page 41 of 98 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)