+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 41 of 156 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191141 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Who needs Parliament?

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    They are indeed. If only I learned how to copy and paste, I could put some Berthold Brecht poems on here and make myself sound really clever.
    That would be a stretch of anyone's imagination

They are indeed. If only I learned how to copy and paste, I could put some Berthold Brecht poems on here and make myself sound really clever.
    It's a good way to Weill away the time.

If only I learned how to copy and paste, I could put some Berthold Brecht poems on here and make myself sound really clever.
    I guess we should be thankful for small mercies

So I would ask this of all the fervent Brexiteers on here, has Boris really got an ace up his sleeve or is he up sh!t creek without a paddle?
    He took over the top job with a promise to get Brexit sorted, but has actually managed to make himself look less competent than Theresa May! Since he took over there have been 5 major votes - and his record as Prime Minister is LLLLL. His majority has gone and it seems that if he is a man of his word he has the choice between extending the deadline or 'lying' dead in a ditch. The other option is that he gets a deal, but the EU have no reason to budge so it would be the deal May agreed to and he rejected!

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    So I would ask this of all the fervent Brexiteers on here, has Boris really got an ace up his sleeve or is he up sh!t creek without a paddle?
    He took over the top job with a promise to get Brexit sorted, but has actually managed to make himself look less competent than Theresa May! Since he took over there have been 5 major votes - and his record as Prime Minister is LLLLL. His majority has gone and it seems that if he is a man of his word he has the choice between extending the deadline or 'lying' dead in a ditch. The other option is that he gets a deal, but the EU have no reason to budge so it would be the deal May agreed to and he rejected!
    I think he'll fail, the numbers are against him. At best a reheated withdrawal agreement may pass with Labour MPs voting it through but when? Parliaments shut for five weeks and only days left when it reconvenes until another deadline passes.

Quote Originally Posted by optipez View Post
    I think he'll fail, the numbers are against him. At best a reheated withdrawal agreement may pass with Labour MPs voting it through but when? Parliaments shut for five weeks and only days left when it reconvenes until another deadline passes.
    An EU veto on the extension will decide the debate and we'll leave without a deal at the end of october and the bickering over who is to blame will continue for a long time afterwards
    Boris being 0 for 5 is ironically helping him. Brits love a battered bruised and bullied underdog. His popularity is rising as labours falls and lib dems have just nailed their colours to full on remain which hasnt done corbyn any favours. Corbyn cost remain the game because he sat on the fence and didnt pick a team

[QUOTE=BigFatPie;39318154]They are indeed. If only I learned how to copy and paste, I could put some Berthold Brecht poems on here and make myself sound really clever.[/QUOTE

You need to know where to look in the first place .

Try this, "Poems for Children by Famous Poets", it might be a first step on your long, long journey .

Having said that, you might find this offer hard to resist-Adult Literacy, and Numeracy Course - Accredited Certification - Only £19 Special Offer.

Apparently the best time to apply, is when the little hand is on three , and the big hand is on four .

Quote Originally Posted by Notsohumblepie View Post

You need to know where to look in the first place .

Try this, "Poems for Children by Famous Poets", it might be a first step on your long, long journey .

Having said that, you might find this offer hard to resist-Adult Literacy, and Numeracy Course - Accredited Certification - Only £19 Special Offer.

Apparently the best time to apply, is when the little hand is on three , and the big hand is on four .
    That would all look very impressive if you hadn't cocked up on the quote facility.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    His only chance imo is if he doesn't get a deal before October 19th is to ask the EU for an extension. Then go to the country and hope he gets an overall majority either on his own or with the brexit party and then he can do as he pleases. Sometimes you have to accept you have lost a battle and then re group.
    Obviously it is a gamble that he would get a majority.
    Labours policy is quite strange, if Corbyn becomes PM he would negotiate a new deal with the EU then hold a second referendum and campaign against his own deal and recommend remain??? You couldn't make it up

Quote Originally Posted by bridpie78 View Post
    Again we'll see in a few days.
    So what were we supposed to see?

Page 41 of 156 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191141 ... LastLast