+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 41 of 410 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191141 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Rumour Thread 21/22

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    If we're to achieve the club objectives of top 6 and cup challenges we need players in midfield that can hold a ball and distribute better than Butcher Pawlett and Harkes.

Butcher is limited, maybe will improve maybe not, but I think we can do a lot better.

What disappoints me is that we have spunked wage budget on Connolly *Clark and Pawlett that could be used to get a couple of top quality players in midfield.

*Harsh on Clark maybe 😏
    Agree on Connolly - especially after signing Mulgrew - and Pawlett,

Maybe Courts will play Clark in his best position and we'll see if he's good enough

I agree, thought we had a decent centre half partnership with Reynolds and Edwards, and wasn’t priority. Now we have Edwards, Reynolds, mulgrew, Connolly, as well as youngsters knocking on the door potentially. So makes sense for Reynolds to move on if rumours true, otherwise no sense.

If we had not renewed Connolly contract, butcher could have been back up centre half and midfielder. Pawlett deal i don’t understand, Clark decent squad player, but only as a out and out striker.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    What disappoints me is that we have spunked wage budget on Connolly Clark and Pawlett that could be used to get a couple of top quality players in midfield.
    The whole 'senior pros' thing is a bit strange. How many do we actually need at the club? At this rate we're going to have a whole team of them.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    The whole 'senior pros' thing is a bit strange. How many do we actually need at the club? At this rate we're going to have a whole team of them.
    I'm assuming they will all be on the bench shouting encouragement, since next season we are playing nothing but kids

Quote Originally Posted by JUSTaway View Post
    I agree, thought we had a decent centre half partnership with Reynolds and Edwards, and wasn’t priority. Now we have Edwards, Reynolds, mulgrew, Connolly, as well as youngsters knocking on the door potentially. So makes sense for Reynolds to move on if rumours true, otherwise no sense.

If we had not renewed Connolly contract, butcher could have been back up centre half and midfielder. Pawlett deal i don’t understand, Clark decent squad player, but only as a out and out striker.
    In the short spells that Clark was played in the right team with the right support around him, he made it to top scorer. If the team set up is different next season and Shanks and Clark start firing them in, it will give Tam half a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    TA spending someone else's money based on what he read in the Man City manual 😏

trialist coming in monday

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    trialist coming in monday
    Good, he is always scoring in the lower leagues. I think he got over 40 goals this past season

Quote Originally Posted by BackRowArab View Post
    Good, he is always scoring in the lower leagues. I think he got over 40 goals this past season
    i noticed that some amount of goals

h must be 60 though ?? coachplayer thing? (again)

I will give him a chance, i hope he turns into a really good manager, lets see shall we , no more negative stuff from me after this one, the appointment to me looks like a club in turmoil. TC prove me wrong and i will gladly meet you and shake your hand and say sorry you have proved me wrong, and i would love it to be wrong..if this goes Pete Tong where do we go from here, last negaitive post..up up and away..

Page 41 of 410 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191141 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)