+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 416 of 530 FirstFirst ... 316366406414415416417418426466516 ... LastLast
Results 4,151 to 4,160 of 5293

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore trout View Post
    I have a pretty good memory and can well remember you saying you were hardly ever at pittodrie. Deny it now if you want to.
    I accept the consensus that pittodrie is not fit for purpose. It is wholly uneconomic to redevelop due to safety regulations and the cost of the adjoining land.
    Where and by whom has it been stated that Pittidrie is not fit for purpose? Be obliged if you can point to an article or a quotation where this has been stated? Other than by those with vested interests of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Fightingtalk View Post
    Where and by whom has it been stated that Pittidrie is not fit for purpose? Be obliged if you can point to an article or a quotation where this has been stated? Other than by those with vested interests of course.
    It's falling apart. If it was redeveloped fire and safety regulations would prevent it being a capacity of more than 12 k. There have been several architects and planners mainly on afc chat it has to be said who agree with this. The adjoining land is too expensive . I would prefer to stay at pittodrie but have been persuaded that it is not feasible. You are of course perfectly entitled to disagree

I agree to a point we cannot spend more than we have. We have to be prudent and save for the stadium
    But it does make me wonder sometimes if Dave McCormack and Milne could just bolster the kitty by say 2 million from there personal wealth ( combined ) what a difference it could make.

if I won the lottery ( Big money ) I would be banging on the Pittordrie doors to invest.

Whist its nice to have Dons supporters like McCormack on the board a few more cash contributions would help and I thank him for his efforts todate. Its up to the board to ensure the club is financed its not the fans responsibility although the emphasis seems to be falling on us all the time now

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Depends on what purpose you think Pittodrie is for. If you think it’s not comfy enough for you, then you’re probably right. If that’s the consensus, then I’ll stick by my previous post about a large chunk of the afc support

If you ripped the seats out the Merkland, you’d have the best ground in Scottish football. You listen to what that teuchter is spoon feeding you though.
    Best ground in Scottish football? I will have some of what you are smoking

Quote Originally Posted by KIWIRED View Post

if I won the lottery ( Big money ) I would be banging on the Pittordrie doors to invest.
    I used to say that but now f@ck that. I wouldn't trust Milne with my money and I wouldn't want a penny put into the new stadium. (unless it was in a better location than Kingsford)

Let's see what Hibs and Hearts do this season before creaming over their signings.

Folk were gushing over Hibs last season and we still finished ahead of them. Some fans have even suggested we were lucky to finish 2nd ahead of them. Seems to be a contingent of pant p*shers who also cream their pants at the thought of our rivals pulling away from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Fightingtalk View Post
    These clubs seem to have managed it without the millions that you speak of. Devlin and Ferguson aside our recruitment this pre season is a farce. Gleeson and Forrester file next to Kerr and the ghost.
    Have to say a lot of people are being a bit harsh on Gleeson and Forrester,Forrester especially hasn’t even started a game yet and he is being written off already.

Considering the old argument that Cammy Smith never got a chance even though he played 90 games for us I think Forrester deserves more than 2 substitute appearances before he is classed as a dud.

And it's a new day.

Another day of Mason, Basingstoke and RJ all belittling the team or will it be a day of positivity???

Anyway good morning to the red army. I have a good feeling about today!

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore trout View Post
    Well you have admitted that you never go why is that ?
    The pittodrie argument has been done to death. It can't be redeveloped and kingsford is a necessary evil for the long term survival of the club.

F'uckin hell, some folk will believe ony auld s'hite that's spouted at them.

Quote Originally Posted by 87kilos View Post
    And it's a new day.

Another day of Mason, Basingstoke and RJ all belittling the team or will it be a day of positivity???

Anyway good morning to the red army. I have a good feeling about today!
    positivity !!!!! , be careful i expect you too get belittled by the usual suspects

Page 416 of 530 FirstFirst ... 316366406414415416417418426466516 ... LastLast