+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 42 of 64 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Thread: Theresa May

Nice to see the Scottish Tories throwing their support behind Ruth instead of May as well. They already seem to have differences with the UK party, much like the f*cking snakes in Scottish Labour.

It's almost as if they're in a separate country or something.

May clinging to power smacks of desperation. The Tories are on the slide, yet wont admit it. They had a referendum they didnt really want, lost it, call me Dave had to resign, May had a majority, wanted a bigger one and they lost that as well. They struggled to pass through any legislation as it was with their majority and now not only have they lost that, they need the backing of the DUP who really dont want a hard Brexit and will only back the Tories for something else in return. Its a bloody shambles.

Yes the Tories done well in Scotland, but it was over separate issues. The split between Scotland and the rest of the Uk is very apparent and the Scottish Tories want soemthing different from their English equivelents. Its a bloody mess and May WILL NOT see out the next 3 months. May considers herself a bloody difficult woman, well hr Brexit negotiations are away to be much more than bloody difficult. I fully expect another GE within a year.

As for working with the DUP, that will throw up its on issues. She has effectively picked a side in NI and it will no doubt backfire dramatically. I genuinely fear for this country under a Tory government and i dispair that so many here in Scotland focussed their attentions on the referendum, when this election wasn't even about it. There were parties continually banging on about this being about indyref2 and ironically, it wasnt the SNP.
    Last edited by Stupie82; 10-06-2017 at 01:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Nice to see the Scottish Tories throwing their support behind Ruth instead of May as well. They already seem to have differences with the UK party, much like the f*cking snakes in Scottish Labour.

It's almost as if they're in a separate country or something.
    She's tried for years to be adopted by the South of England lot, went all out to impress them and what happens...they adopt another lot instead.

She's spitting feathers but can't admit it.

Poor wee Ruth.

There's some amount of pish in there & I don't really have the intelligence today to pull you up for it.
    you really have had nothing intelligent to say about anything in this thread - just than mindless jibes.

Quote Originally Posted by sheepcrooky View Post
    Well, that was fun. Stayed awake all night to watch that from 2200 to 0615. Lots of drama all round.

Speaking as a a Conservative (yes, we do exist in Scotland). Theresa May ran the worst, most negative campaign I have ever seen. Corbyn was brilliant on the hustings and gained a lot of respect (I still think his and McConnell's far left policies are awful). Clearly us Scots are fed up with Nicola and IndyRef2.
    Just like May took the UK electorate for granted, Sturgeon took the Scottish electorate for granted and they both lost big time.
    For once, a good post on this thread with none of the usual bigoted nonsense from people who think all you need to do is say a word like Hun to make a point.

It is quite interesting to see the campaign messaging that the SNP used through the local elections and the GE. They started off before the local elections talking about independence. Obviously, they saw their own internal polling and realised that message was toxic. So in the local elections they talked nothing about independence... taking the message (lapped up by their online warriors) that it was the Tories that could only talk about independence. (the irony does not register with dumb).

What they wanted to do was say this was not about independence... vote for us to stop the Tories. The underlying message was we wont really do much on independence. They saw what happened in the local elections but still thought that they could get through the campaign with only reducing by a few seats. Become neutral on independence and gain some wider anti-Tory support.

Now in the last few days of the election something changed. I can only guess, the SNP saw their own internal polls and were shocked. Therefore they turned tactics to try and get out their core vote. Sturgeon started talking about independence again in the media. I was surprised by this but I did not see how dire their internal polls were.

And this is the major issue for the SNP. Can't talk about independence and can't not talk about independence. Either way... voters are turning their back on them.

What to do? Perhaps govern? Don't make me laugh, they have been in power in Scotland for 10 years and have failed at everything. Quite an achievement.

Quote Originally Posted by Getintaethem View Post
    just than mindless jibes.
    Here's a handy tip. If you're going to post on here showing your supreme intelligence, try to do it in coherent sentences. Cheers

Wee Ruth "wins" and her and her top MP having to seek assurances from May due to her new best loyalist orange walk loving pals. Cabinet places up for grabs as well.

Desperados.

Here's a handy tip. If you're going to post on here showing your supreme intelligence, try to do it in coherent sentences. Cheers
    I did not claim I was intelligent. I claimed you were a dumbass. Being a dumbass you wont understand.

And a handy tip for you, dyslexia and intelligence are not mutually exclusive.

edit: 11 14 0 2
    Last edited by Getintaethem; 10-06-2017 at 07:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Getintaethem View Post
    I did not claim I was intelligent. I claimed you were a dumbass. Being a dumbass you wont understand.

And a handy tip for you, dyslexia and intelligence are not mutually exclusive.

edit: 11 14 0 2
    I don't think you're dyslexic, I think you're just having a bad spell.

Quote Originally Posted by Stupie82 View Post
    May clinging to power smacks of desperation.
    How did your favourites the Greens do? Now that is desperate, clinging to the coat tails of the losers SNP.

Page 42 of 64 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast