+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 42 of 88 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Thread: King Luke to Swansea

American owners mate I wouldn't be shocked if it fell through to be fair.

They sold Joel Piroe in July and we got Jerry Yeates for 3 mil to replace him 😢

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    I’d say if BBC Nottingham and Wales are reporting it then it’s 99.99% he is going or is in talks.

If he wasn’t then the club would say something or someone connected to the club would.

This isn’t like Oxford at all this is happening and good luck to Luke but all I’m bothered about now is a new coach in for Grimsby I hate the idea of caretaker managers as we always lose with them and we don’t want to be throwing matches away if we can help it.
    Plus 2 new defenders

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    I’d say if BBC Nottingham and Wales are reporting it then it’s 99.99% he is going or is in talks.

If he wasn’t then the club would say something or someone connected to the club would.

This isn’t like Oxford at all this is happening and good luck to Luke but all I’m bothered about now is a new coach in for Grimsby I hate the idea of caretaker managers as we always lose with them and we don’t want to be throwing matches away if we can help it.
    Sorry Legs77 but the BBC will report anything that'll get them clicks mate. Maybe the club haven't said anything because there's nothing to say, why should they?

'personal issues'
    Don't quote me on this as there was a rumour of infidelity. But I am not sure what way.
    (Just one theory I seen floating about)
    But the club only said 'personal issues'

He has done bloody well with you lot since through.

Taking mega bucks Wrexham to the wire last year.

Quote Originally Posted by RhonddaSwans View Post
    'personal issues'
    Don't quote me on this as there was a rumour of infidelity. But I am not sure what way.
    (Just one theory I seen floating about)
    But the club only said 'personal issues'

He has done bloody well with you lot since through.

Taking mega bucks Wrexham to the wire last year.
    Just read that he left for "personal reasons" because he'd been away from his young family for too long. So he wasn't living in Wales when he was at Swansea yet he seems to have moved to Wales, he never said Swansea, just Wales later. All a bit strange

We've done well yes but we're shipping loads of goals this year and struggling against some poor clubs. Losing 5-1 to Sutton Utd for one.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Seems like it's a lot of money for you lot as you're obviously still haggling the price 🤣
    Like I said American owners penny pinching.

It is a chance that they will move the goal posts.

If the both clubs don't come up with a price.

It will go to tribunal,

We have form for it as well to be fair.
    We still haven't paid for Josh Key off Exeter.

Southampton Hired Russel Martin off us before they were a championship side.
    But are trying to say they were a championship team.

I think we are saying they owe us 1.5m
    they are saying 500k

But I hope that that situation doesn't happen to you lot.
    A championship side can absorb a loss like that.
    Lower down you are the harder it is.

As I said I wouldn't be surprised if it did fall through.
    If it does there will be alot of angry Swansea fans at the next home game.

We are all ready getting yanks out chants at games.

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    Just read that he left for "personal reasons" because he'd been away from his young family for too long. So he wasn't living in Wales when he was at Swansea yet he seems to have moved to Wales, he never said Swansea, just Wales later. All a bit strange

We've done well yes but we're shipping loads of goals this year and struggling against some poor clubs. Losing 5-1 to Sutton Utd for one.
    I think he lives in Newport, that's where his wife's fitness business is based anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Seems like it's a lot of money for you lot as you're obviously still haggling the price 🤣
    Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    That sounds like an angry mrs pulling him by the ear tbh.

Honestly we are gonna look like a tin pot club if a league 2 manager says no thank you.

Who would you want to replace him if he does go to us.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    There’s absolutely nothing for Notts to say yet. Do they need to tell us every time we have an offer for a player?
    He’s going, their finishing off the deal and when it’s done they’ll put something out, by no means is it disrespectful, it’s only been 24hrs since it broke.
    I also agree with this it's not disrespectful.

The club is ran properly and professionally and there is a process that needs to be undertaken before anything can and should be said or announced publicly.

The thing is we live in a now, now, now 24 hour news society and little time is afforded to due process as a result. Again it is one of those things that requires patience.

Quote Originally Posted by RhonddaSwans View Post
    Swansea Independent has sources that are credible and are linked to Swansea City.
    If The lads post an article it is legally checked and usually spot on.

You all forget Williams was a coach at our club under Russel Martin.
    The style of football you play is just Russel Martin 2.0.

Do any of you think longstaff could cut it in the championship?

I honestly think we are shopping in different markets.

But I do wish you all the best and I hope notts county keep shocking people.

After what happened to you all years ago with the fraudster.

This could be the money that gets you back closer to league one (Where you belong to be)

If you find the right boss and spend the money right , Hopefully sooner rather than later.

Us Jack *******s can relate to you at notts county, We were lucky enough not to go down to the conference.

(after a scum bag selling us down the river , Tony Petty)

But the rise can happen at any club before you know it you could be back in the big time playing forest again.

As the points deduction if it happens will see them dropping down the leagues 😂.

Also when russel Martin left us no fee could be agreed so we are still waiting on our compo for him.

I read here earlier that someone said it would be funny if it fell through.

It will go to tribunal, I hope our owners don't play games like Southampton have.
    As 700k is alot of money for a league 2 side.

good luck for the rest of the season Notts County!

ps
    sorry for the s.a
    Thank you, what a nice post. It won't fall through and it's maybe delayed as we wanted a good payoff which is fair as LW is a very good manager. People can point to the defence but I believe he did the best with what he had back there, we didn't have the budget to work on all areas of the team before this season. Some of the football we have played is far above League 2, even when we lost 4-2 on Monday, the play from 1 nil down to 2-1 up was just so good. With good defenders he will do very well with you. He has also developed players or changed their game/positional play very well.

Langstaff I think would do a job at Championship level due to the type of player he is. He's mainly a box man and gets alot of his goals from turning in crosses, six yards headers or rebounds from shots from the keeper or defender. This would translate to the championship if he gets the right service, he can finish is I guess what I'm saying and is improving still. I hope though that you don't take him as taking Williams is enough thank you ha ha.

Good luck to you for the rest of the season as well.

Page 42 of 88 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast