+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 43 of 232 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393143 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Rumour Thread 22/23

If he turns him into a superstar...we get a great player for a season.....he might also tirn into a pile of keech and we can just wave at him as he leaves!
    If he has a great first half of a season, we will likely look to extend again? Right now.....it was Morecombe that was meant to be showing an interest....not Man City! If he wants a decent move...he is gonna have to play out his skin...and that can't be a bad thing!

Quote Originally Posted by ARAbCHNID View Post
    I've never seen so much speculative nonsense. Give the boy a break, none of us has a clue about his contract & neither do we need to know. Let's just trust the new management's judgement, back him & let him get on. He might just surprise the doubters, why he has so many **** knows.
    Is it just fashionable to denigrate him?

Welcome back Ian Harkes.
    Football is about opinions and message boards are a great place for disagreements and discussions. But it's bizarre to suggest it's fashionable to denigrate him. You seem to think that because you think Harkes is great that anyone who thinks he's not must be crazy.

Since when is it a crime to want better for our club? Because that's all it is. No one hates Ian Harkes. Just some people think we could do better. That's all.

I'm sure everyone will be 100% supportive when Ian pulls on the shirt this season.

👏👏👏

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Football is about opinions and message boards are a great place for disagreements and discussions. But it's bizarre to suggest it's fashionable to denigrate him. You seem to think that because you think Harkes is great that anyone who thinks he's not must be crazy.

Since when is it a crime to want better for our club? Because that's all it is. No one hates Ian Harkes. Just some people think we could do better. That's all.

I'm sure everyone will be 100% supportive when Ian pulls on the shirt this season.
    Thing is, there was only me moaning so I'm assuming his post was aimed in my direction, but I've never once slated Ian Harkes the player. My only issue is whether this deal is worthwhile to the club. They obviously think it is so I guess I'll leave it in their hands. And yes absolutely he'll get my support every time he pulls on the shirt

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post

But it was you that mentioned folk can't criticise Harkes on here. Anyone can and quite often do. This thread recently being a great example.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    Thing is, there was only me moaning so I'm assuming his post was aimed in my direction, but I've never once slated Ian Harkes the player. My only issue is whether this deal is worthwhile to the club. They obviously think it is so I guess I'll leave it in their hands. And yes absolutely he'll get my support every time he pulls on the shirt
    I think it's worthwhile to get our player of the year from last season for another year.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    I think it's worthwhile to get our player of the year from last season for another year.
    Whilst I've never slated him Terry, I'd never have had him as player of the year either.

But it was you that mentioned folk can't criticise Harkes on here. Anyone can and quite often do. This thread recently being a great example.
    I think you're missing the point completely. Not for the first time either!
    What I'm saying is it's ok to praise Harkes AND it's ok to criticise him.

But, in saying that, the Harkes forum police are fierce and Arabchind's post was more or less saying you must be stupid if you can't see how brilliant he is.

If you actually believe that POTY stuff - and I suspect you do - have a think about it.

Meanwhile we haven't signed anyone yet 😎

Page 43 of 232 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393143 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)