+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 43 of 93 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Sacked

Quote Originally Posted by CheezyNCFC View Post
    Betting on Luke Williams is now suspended but betting market remains open for all other candidates. The cynic in me does not like that.
    Because Clubs always tell the bookies who they are interested in first before announcing it to the fans and public

Quote Originally Posted by ReadWarbler View Post
    Because Clubs always tell the bookies who they are interested in first before announcing it to the fans and public
    Obviously not but you're naive if you think information can't be leaked to the press/bookies in this day and age - Where there's money or personal incentive involved then people will talk; à la Rooney/Vardy wag saga.

Thankfully our club in particular has been water tight with regard to private matters staying private until announced since the Reedtz took the reins, let's hope it remains that way and this is all just pure speculation which the wild odd's fluctuation in the past 24 hours would suggest... still doesn't help with the nerves as time ticks on day by day!

Personally I think he has every right to look at any opportunity that advances his career - who has the right to deny him that? We may be hugely invested in Notts, but those working at the club are largely professionals not fans, or maybe professionals first fans second. They don't have the same relationship with the club as we do, and whilst they may enjoy working at the club, 'loving the club' is not likely to be a deal breaker. As long as they behave and perform professionally at all times, I have no issue with it.

I hold on to the fact that the club is really well run at the moment and I have no doubt there are contingency plans for LW leaving, for Macca, Jones & Crowley going in January or the end of the season. I am sure that we will be prepared for most eventualities and will continue rolling along the upwards path that we are on.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Bookies not wanting to take cash off folk? Now that's an interesting concept. Maybe there is some sort of regulation/guideline that says if they are aware he's not in the running then they have to suspend betting? Who knows, I know absolutely naff all about gambling?
    It’s probably easier to use horse racing as an example. If a horse is withdrawn from a race, the bookie won’t take any bets on said horse.
    In this scenario I can’t imagine the bookies could suspend bets on one bloke whilst keeping all other options available.
    For complete transparency, you can still get evens with Bet Victor on LW being next manager at Oxford. 5/4 Des. 5/2 Crofts.Eustace 5/1. Of basically say that the bookies have no clear clue who is next and nor does the punters having a dabble.
    Last edited by Notts78; 15-11-2023 at 01:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kent Magpie View Post
    Personally I think he has every right to look at any opportunity that advances his career - who has the right to deny him that? We may be hugely invested in Notts, but those working at the club are largely professionals not fans, or maybe professionals first fans second. They don't have the same relationship with the club as we do, and whilst they may enjoy working at the club, 'loving the club' is not likely to be a deal breaker. As long as they behave and perform professionally at all times, I have no issue with it.

I hold on to the fact that the club is really well run at the moment and I have no doubt there are contingency plans for LW leaving, for Macca, Jones & Crowley going in January or the end of the season. I am sure that we will be prepared for most eventualities and will continue rolling along the upwards path that we are on.
    Exactly this. Ruben said in that recent post-match interview (after his silly LW remark) that he loves Notts - and I believe him. We hold a special place in his heart and always will. But that didn't stop him moving on to what is clearly a better opportunity. LW can both love Notts and want to move on to a better opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle95 View Post
    Don't shoot the messenger but from what i've heard LW has applied for the job, rather than Oxford wanting him from the start.
    If that is true then it likely would indicate all is not well at the Lane and that's a bad sign.

Another odd's shift for anyone interested -

Buckingham now fave at 4/7
    Williams drifting to 6/4

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    If that is true then it likely would indicate all is not well at the Lane and that's a bad sign.
    I wonder if our failure to recruit adequate cover in midfield and defence is a factor in all this. It must be difficult trying to compete with the likes of Mansfield and Wrexham with JOB as your only fit CM and an inexperienced loanee at the back (not that either of them have done anything wrong!).

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    Where are all these ITK accounts when it's the transfer window? Suspicious they're quiet then right?

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    I wonder if our failure to recruit adequate cover in midfield and defence is a factor in all this. It must be difficult trying to compete with the likes of Mansfield and Wrexham with JOB as your only fit CM and an inexperienced loanee at the back (not that either of them have done anything wrong!).
    I wonder also. Can’t have helped but it won’t be the main reason, if indeed the rumours are true.

Page 43 of 93 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast