+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 435 of 923 FirstFirst ... 335385425433434435436437445485535 ... LastLast
Results 4,341 to 4,350 of 9227

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

The only reason we will suffer is if we stay in the EU or Leave on remainer Mays terms.

MoP...we often agree about football and Derby but let’s face it, we’re never going to agree on Brexit.

If you knew what a negative impact the Brexit situation has already had on EU funded scientific/medical research in this country and how much money has already been wasted on arranging storage for essential medicines in the event of a ‘no-deal/hard’ Brexit you wouldn’t be so glib.

I wouldn’t normally have much idea about such things but circumstances have led to me having a greater awareness of these two aspects than I might otherwise have had.

It’s the tip of a very scary ‘iceberg’. God only knows how business people have coped with the uncertainty generated by what you call the ‘will of the people’, in the meantime your man Farage has just got wealthier and wealthier.

‘Man of the People’? He’s a total fraud and a complete charlatan imo.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post

It’s the tip of a very scary ‘iceberg’. God only knows how business people have coped with the uncertainty generated by what you call the ‘will of the people’
    By being business people. Folk who have it in their own hands to minimise the impact of change, or maximise the opportunities of same, roll their sleeves up and get on with it. Be they pro or anti, I don't know a single half-decent business owner/influencer who hasn't, me included.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    By being business people. Folk who have it in their own hands to minimise the impact of change, or maximise the opportunities of same, roll their sleeves up and get on with it. Be they pro or anti, I don't know a single half-decent business owner/influencer who hasn't, me included.
    Where have I said otherwise?

I’m being sympathetic to business people...some have undoubtedly fallen by the wayside and the majority will, I’m sure, have behaved much as you describe.

My point is...they shouldn’t have had to and what you describe as the minimisation of the impact of change has all been completely unnecessary and brought about entirely by this exercise in self harm.

Other than Farage Ltd, along with those who might have the contracts for printing ballot papers and the manufacture of anti depressants, are there really any companies doing better now than at the same time in 2016?

Where have I said otherwise?

I’m being sympathetic to business people...some have undoubtedly fallen by the wayside and the majority will, I’m sure, have behaved much as you describe.

My point is...they shouldn’t have had to and what you describe as the minimisation of the impact of change has all been completely unnecessary and brought about entirely by this exercise in self harm.

Other than Farage Ltd, along with those who might have the contracts for printing ballot papers and the manufacture of anti depressants, are there really any companies doing better now than at the same time in 2016?
    My own. Swale's (I'm guessing). My old 9-5 employers who do most of their outward business with a non-EU entity and who's FC (me) carried out a massive currenncy hedging exercise to mitigate £/Euro fluctuations (most suppliers were EU). My BIL's company who sell to EU and buy from non EU and took a ride on the exchange rates. My best mate who uses exclusively UK (in fact within a ten mile radius of Long Eaton) labour and materials and sells to Turkey and China. My next door but 4 mate who works for a car dealership who's profits have rocketed. My Sheff Wednesday mate who's company sells to Asia and stands a good chance of walking away a multi-millionaire next year if his ticker holds out. My mate from Newark who regrets NOT buying equity in the company he works for who service EU and non-EU and who paid record profit related bonuses to partners last month. My wife's hairdressers, a new startup and absolutely thriving. Her former hairdressers, just expanded into new premises. The nail bar in Spondon, gone from nothing to being standing room only some days. IMHO you and a lot of 'frustrated remainers' are WAY too wound up on the personalities in this pantomime, I don't think any more of Farage than you do other than appreciating that he has a magnetic personality, however that asset is used.

are there really any companies doing better now than at the same time in 2016?
    Yep, mine, with international growth accelerating faster than ever

Hysteria, swaley facts, and facts are all different things really

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    My own. Swale's (I'm guessing). My old 9-5 employers who do most of their outward business with a non-EU entity and who's FC (me) carried out a massive currenncy hedging exercise to mitigate £/Euro fluctuations (most suppliers were EU). My BIL's company who sell to EU and buy from non EU and took a ride on the exchange rates. My best mate who uses exclusively UK (in fact within a ten mile radius of Long Eaton) labour and materials and sells to Turkey and China. My next door but 4 mate who works for a car dealership who's profits have rocketed. My Sheff Wednesday mate who's company sells to Asia and stands a good chance of walking away a multi-millionaire next year if his ticker holds out. My mate from Newark who regrets NOT buying equity in the company he works for who service EU and non-EU and who paid record profit related bonuses to partners last month. My wife's hairdressers, a new startup and absolutely thriving. Her former hairdressers, just expanded into new premises. The nail bar in Spondon, gone from nothing to being standing room only some days. IMHO you and a lot of 'frustrated remainers' are WAY too wound up on the personalities in this pantomime, I don't think any more of Farage than you do other than appreciating that he has a magnetic personality, however that asset is used.
    ...and yet you’d still vote ‘Remain’ again, given the opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post
    The only reason we will suffer is if we stay in the EU or Leave on remainer Mays terms.
    Yeah, your pretty much spot on there, Mop.

... and I still keep coming up with the EI being part of the whole gloablisation thing where all political and economic power ends up in the hands of half a dozen tossers and the rest of us end up as some kind of puppet with a microchip insert so they know, 24/7, what we do, think, say and where we are.

Believe me we are well on the way, and that is why I am so against the entire damned abomination.

Just because you're paranoid MA, it doesn't mean to say they aren't all out to get you.

Page 435 of 923 FirstFirst ... 335385425433434435436437445485535 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)