+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 44 of 54 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: Loyalty points and AberDNA

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    I try to be polite, I really do.

But do you have to be an a'rsehole on EVERY subject?
    Doesn't have to be DD, no.

Just chooses to be.....

.....and now you can read all his small print.

Yes sir, I can indeed, courtesy of a very good service I received at an opticians on 187 -189 Rosemount Place Aberdeen earlier in the day.....

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    Hopefully this post is premature and we do sign one of the Ryan's or someone equivalent but as it's looking very quiet here's my take on it.

Yes you are correct to say we don't know for sure but given this is a forum rather than a Higher Accounts exam I think we are all allowed a reasonably educated guess and my guess/analysis is that I still can't get anywhere near us having spent the same as last year plus £500K of dna money (10 grand a week of wages!!).

Don't take the players below as equivalents from a position perspective but rather what I think would be similar wages/loan costs for 2018/19 v 2017/18

Christie (loan) = Wilson (loan)
    Stewart (loan) = Hoban (loan)
    Arnason = Gleeson
    McLean = Forrester
    Rodgers = Cerny
    Maynard = Ferguson
    O'Connor = Devlin (6 months extra in 18) + Lowe (6 months loan)
    Harvie = Cosgrove (6 months extra in 18) + Ross (6 months extra in 18)
    Rooney = Tansey (6 months extra in 18) + McKenna pay rises taking full effect in 18

All of that still leaves money spent in 17 on Chidi (6 months) + Woodman (6 months) not yet matched in 2018

Whilst there may be some pluses or minuses in salary/loan comparisons in the analysis above I think it is a very safe bet that we have not remotely touched the majority if indeed any of the dna money (remember the Forrester/Ferguson transfer fees are paid for by the McLean/Rooney transfer fees so no dna money spent there).

I have no problem with assuming we may be keeping back something like £2K a week for a Shinnie pay rise but other than that I challenge anyone (afc1903mad) to say with the same degree of confidence that I have that all of the dna money has been spent over and above what we spent in 2017
    Where's your consideration of the transfer money taken in last year compared to what we have taken in this year?
    That's got to be a huge increase in last years budget compared to this years.
    Of course you can consider what we outlawed last year compared to this year as well, but I still think that last year is stronger in nett terms

Quote Originally Posted by thebeachend View Post
    You really don't unless you mean coming the c@nt on all posted.

That's a very mature an non c@ntish response :roll eyes:

Quote Originally Posted by awafaehame View Post
    Doesn't have to be DD, no.

Just chooses to be.....
    Is your preference the board is only full of posters moaning about the club with very little positive thoughts?

This is a forum to be able to debate topics, thus should have people of differing opinions.
    I'll not be put off sharing my opinion for discussion because it doesn't match your opinions or meet your approval.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Where's your consideration of the transfer money taken in last year compared to what we have taken in this year?
    That's got to be a huge increase in last years budget compared to this years.
    Of course you can consider what we outlawed last year compared to this year as well, but I still think that last year is stronger in nett terms
    We spent the majority of the Hayes money on May and GMS (the accounts shoed we made nowhere near the reported £1.2M profit on Hayes - something like £750K so presumably agents etc got a sizeable cut). My point still stands I believe

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    We spent the majority of the Hayes money on May and GMS (the accounts shoed we made nowhere near the reported £1.2M profit on Hayes - something like £750K so presumably agents etc got a sizeable cut). My point still stands I believe
    Do you have a link to the accounts showing only £750k and simply the outlay on May and GMS?

Certainly the reported figures would place that we outlayed just over half the Hayes money.
    Maybe some is staged payment, but I would guess the same on our expenditure.

When you consider that we have outlawed money this season (Forrester and Ferguson), that's in a scenario with not the same proportional variance as last year.
    Yes we regained some money on Rooney, but not to the level of Hayes

You could point to the McLean sale, but surely it is plausible that the funds received went on returning him on loan, getting Devlin in early and extending McKennas contract.

You may be right, but unless shown that Hayes was only £750k and we spent that on GMS and May, its still arguable and plausible that last years budget was higher as a result of the Hayes sale

That's a very mature an non c@ntish response :roll eyes:
    Maturity? What a c@nt!

Do you have a link to the accounts showing only £750k and simply the outlay on May and GMS?

Certainly the reported figures would place that we outlayed just over half the Hayes money.
    Maybe some is staged payment, but I would guess the same on our expenditure.

When you consider that we have outlawed money this season (Forrester and Ferguson), that's in a scenario with not the same proportional variance as last year.
    Yes we regained some money on Rooney, but not to the level of Hayes

You could point to the McLean sale, but surely it is plausible that the funds received went on returning him on loan, getting Devlin in early and extending McKennas contract.

You may be right, but unless shown that Hayes was only £750k and we spent that on GMS and May, its still arguable and plausible that last years budget was higher as a result of the Hayes sale
    Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant. You managed to get almost all of it in there.

Page 44 of 54 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast