+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 445 of 923 FirstFirst ... 345395435443444445446447455495545 ... LastLast
Results 4,441 to 4,450 of 9227

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Don’t know about that, but it’s true.

Seeing as you’re attempting to use a football forum to advance Farage’s cause, let’s try a football analogy to illustrate my point.

Just hypothetically, suppose there are ten football supporters in a pub on the outskirts of Nottingham...4 of them support Forest...the home town (single issue) club, three support Derby, two support Notts County, and one supports Chesterfield.
    The four Forest fans think they’re the best team but although the Derby, Notts County and Chesterfield fans all differ amongst themselves one thing they all agree on is that they can’t stand Forest.
    So who is the most popular club? Forest have the most individual support because they’re the home town (single issue) club and they’ve got 40%...but actually the one thing that the other 60% agree on is that they don’t think Forest are the best club.

Isn’t that your view of Brexit? you keep claiming to have the most support and represent the ‘voice of the people’ but actually there’s more against you/Farage than pro.

He was always going to get somewhere around a third of the vote because approximately that proportion of the country supports Brexit but guess what? Whichever way you ‘dress it up’ that still leaves a majority who don’t.
    I have to correct that.
    The Notts fans will all be over 75 and blatant leave fodder. Whether they hate Forest or not, they'd think they were superior and would n't have the democracy of opinion turned round.

The Chesterfield fan is null and void.

Having 12 fingers and being married to his sister makes him hate everyone and anything normal.
    He lives in Chesterfield for a reason and accepts that he does as he's told.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    I have to correct that.
    The Notts fans will all be over 75 and blatant leave fodder. Whether they hate Forest or not, they'd think they were superior and would n't have the democracy of opinion turned round.

The Chesterfield fan is null and void.

Having 12 fingers and being married to his sister makes him hate everyone and anything normal.
    He lives in Chesterfield for a reason and accepts that he does as he's told.
    Funny guy!

Note there’s no comeback from you or MoP though...whatever the false claims may be...Farage doesn’t command a majority and doesn’t represent the ‘voice of the people’ does he?

Funny guy!

Note there’s no comeback from you or MoP though...whatever the false claims may be...Farage doesn’t command a majority and doesn’t represent the ‘voice of the people’ does he?
    Thought you'd like this RA Name:  ybird-the-ladybird-book-of-leaders-men-post-brexit-britain-35103528.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  12.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Thought you'd like this RA Name:  ybird-the-ladybird-book-of-leaders-men-post-brexit-britain-35103528.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  12.6 KB
    Indeed! There are a few of them about...the Ladybird ‘Story of Brexit’ is funny too.

Funny guy!

To be honest ramanag, I'm sick of arguing it.
    I see things a lot different to you and visa versa,

Mock Farage all you want. Those that could bothered to vote, made him the clear winner.
    Cling to Campbells whines, about add all the remain parties together <sob>
    In an election in this country, first past the post wins.
    In that scenario, politics would be rocked.

Which ever way you slice it, leave out weighed remain just like the referendum
    Stop pissing about and act on what they promised.
    We leave, with or without a deal. That's what was offered from the very beginning.
    Tories and Labour have made this country a laughing stock. Time to grow some balls and get going again.

BTW, Vince Cable the genius. No he's an hypocrite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cr2zLRQQrJA

After that, if someone wants another referendum in a few years let them.

Relieved to say Tricky, I’d say we see virtually everything differently. It’s a very strange sort of ‘winner’ who commands a greater level of opposition than support however and that is unquestionably the situation with Farage.

He may be the ‘poster boy’ of the Right and the Eton Mess that is Brexit but nothing more.

Can’t be bothered to scroll back, but I’m sure I remember the Brexitears being oh so indignant about Obama having the audacity to stitck his nose in and offer an opinion about Brexit back in 2016.
    Now it seems Trump can abuse the Mayor of London, explain how ‘friendly’ he is with Johnson and Farage, recommend a ‘no deal’ Brexit and offer another candidate for PM (Gove) a special audience.
    How things change...when it suits.

Another referendum after Brexit? Well that would be a terrific idea...now everything’s screwed let’s see what you all think...brilliant!
    Last edited by ramAnag; 04-06-2019 at 10:37 AM.

Relieved to say Tricky, I’d say we see virtually everything differently. It’s a very strange sort of ‘winner’ who commands a greater level of opposition than support however and that is unquestionably the situation with Farage.

He may be the ‘poster boy’ of the Right and the Eton Mess that is Brexit but nothing more.

Can’t be bothered to scroll back, but I’m sure I remember the Brexitears being oh so indignant about Obama having the audacity to stitck his nose in and offer an opinion about Brexit back in 2016.
    Now it seems Trump can abuse the Mayor of London, explain how ‘friendly’ he is with Johnson and Farage, recommend a ‘no deal’ Brexit and offer another candidate for PM (Gove) a special audience.
    How things change...when it suits.
    1. I wasn't here in '16 so won't comment although I do think that there is not a lot wrong with the leader of a country, a major player in world affairs, explaining what his/her reaction to ceratin events would be.

2. I'm with Trump on London's Mayor.

3. The simple fact that he backs BoJo and Farage tells me that my instinct of not wanting wither in a position of power is spot on.

4. Of course he wants a no deal Brexit. That puts him in the box seat for negotiations. TTIP was a bad deal for the EU and i was glad when DT said he wasn't going to sign it. However, the flipside of that is that he wants to negotiate a new deal that would be way more advantageous to the US than TTIP already was heavily weighted in their favour.

5.Gove also got "special" treatment. He is about as fit for high office as BoJo and Farage.

The big problem at the moment is that politicians in general, not just UK or US, have forgotten who they are SUPPOSED to represent, namely, the electorate. As it is they spend all their energy from day 1 in getting re-elected and to do that they have to pamper to their "sponsors" and that is NOT you or I.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    1. I wasn't here in '16 so won't comment although I do think that there is not a lot wrong with the leader of a country, a major player in world affairs, explaining what his/her reaction to ceratin events would be.

2. I'm with Trump on London's Mayor.

3. The simple fact that he backs BoJo and Farage tells me that my instinct of not wanting wither in a position of power is spot on.

4. Of course he wants a no deal Brexit. That puts him in the box seat for negotiations. TTIP was a bad deal for the EU and i was glad when DT said he wasn't going to sign it. However, the flipside of that is that he wants to negotiate a new deal that would be way more advantageous to the US than TTIP already was heavily weighted in their favour.

5.Gove also got "special" treatment. He is about as fit for high office as BoJo and Farage.

The big problem at the moment is that politicians in general, not just UK or US, have forgotten who they are SUPPOSED to represent, namely, the electorate. As it is they spend all their energy from day 1 in getting re-elected and to do that they have to pamper to their "sponsors" and that is NOT you or I.
    1. Unless you’re astonishingly young I don’t follow that. You’re still not ‘here’ and my point was, although I recognise what you’re saying, there is a level of hypocrisy from those who criticise Obama for offering an opinion but applaud Trump.

2. No idea how any reasonable person can agree with Trump over Sadiq Khan.

3,4 &5. Totally agree.

It’s not just the ‘big problem at the moment’, imo. It’s a perennial problem...that our Parliamentary Democracy is time factored and why enlightened despotism is a far more effective system of government. Unfortunately guaranteeing the ‘enlightened’ bit then becomes the problem.

hmmmm

1. There is only a degree of hypocrisy if you accept that you are also hyposritical in advocating a different opinion on the opinion of others!

5. Gove got special treatment because he is special needs IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    hmmmm

1. There is only a degree of hypocrisy if you accept that you are also hyposritical in advocating a different opinion on the opinion of others!

5. Gove got special treatment because he is special needs IMHO
    I’m not ‘advocating’ anything at all Parky and I think you may have been out for a lunchtime ‘snifter’.

I’m simply saying...those who objected to Obama passing comment on the UK’s internal affairs have no business applauding, or even accepting, Trump’s attempts to influence the outcome either of Brexit or the wholly undemocratic ‘election’ of the next PM.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 04-06-2019 at 01:48 PM.

Page 445 of 923 FirstFirst ... 345395435443444445446447455495545 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)