+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 45 of 98 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast

Thread: Mellon gone and Hughes incoming

Quote Originally Posted by BackRowArab View Post
    If the Board/TA were unhappy about Mellon not playing enough young guys then they would never have sanctioned the loan deals for Neilson, Fotheringham, Mochrie, Davidson, Freeman, Cooney. If the manager supposedly has no say in who is coming into the club, then I doubt he has a say in who is going out
    None of these guys are ready for the first team. What would be the point in keeping a hold of them only for them to sit & rot? They need to play in order to develop. Everyone knows that. I'm sure even the board know that. We had plenty other youngsters closer to the first team who were kept on. There was no point in keeping another six

If the Board/TA were unhappy about Mellon not playing enough young guys then they would never have sanctioned the loan deals for Neilson, Fotheringham, Mochrie, Davidson, Freeman, Cooney. If the manager supposedly has no say in who is coming into the club, then I doubt he has a say in who is going out
    I don't think it's as binary as what'sbeing made out. If the rumour doing that rounds is true that the club were happy with the results but unhappy with the quality of football then MM would be entitled to say what do you expect when I have Butcher Harkes Pawlett etc to choose in midfield, I asked for player X what you gave me was "Premiership ready" Hoti.

I think MM was committed, I think he just got gradually disenchanted and in the end thought stuff this I've got an offer from Tranmere, I'm off.

Managers of clubs talk to other clubs all the time through unofficial channels as do some players.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    None of these guys are ready for the first team. What would be the point in keeping a hold of them only for them to sit & rot? They need to play in order to develop. Everyone knows that. I'm sure even the board know that. We had plenty other youngsters closer to the first team who were kept on. There was no point in keeping another six
    Apart from Chalmers and Appere, who got chances, who else were ready?

Quote Originally Posted by ahlltanyirhide View Post
    Apologies to anyone offended by my rants last night, was venting my distaste for someone having the audacity to take the piss after being given the opportunity of a lifetime. His name shall never be uttered or typed by me again, in fact the fruit has been removed from the shopping list altogether so I am not reminded of his lying puss. Peace be with you all Inshalla

Apart from Chalmers and Appere, who got chances, who else were ready?
    Meekison,K smith who both did fine in last couple of games.

Quote Originally Posted by AraBrian View Post
    dudnt Neilson play against Celtic?

Quote Originally Posted by AraBrian View Post
    Meekison was out on loan the first part of the season and was around the squad after that. Smith was in and around the squad as soon as he signed his professional terms when he turned 16

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    I don't think it's as binary as what'sbeing made out. If the rumour doing that rounds is true that the club were happy with the results but unhappy with the quality of football then MM would be entitled to say what do you expect when I have Butcher Harkes Pawlett etc to choose in midfield, I asked for player X what you gave me was "Premiership ready" Hoti.

I think MM was committed, I think he just got gradually disenchanted and in the end thought stuff this I've got an offer from Tranmere, I'm off.

Managers of clubs talk to other clubs all the time through unofficial channels as do some players.
    Yeah MM will have been in touch with people he knew at tranmere all last season.Same with neilson heard somewhere he was sounded out by levien at the xmas about going back to hearts.

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    dudnt Neilson play against Celtic?
    He had 8 starts and 2 sub appearances before he went out on loan

Meekison was out on loan the first part of the season and was around the squad after that. Smith was in and around the squad as soon as he signed his professional terms when he turned 16
    Yeah but were not getting matchs not saying they should have been but you asked who apart from chalmers and appere were ready for a chance. Thought these two were.

Page 45 of 98 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)