+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 454 of 625 FirstFirst ... 354404444452453454455456464504554 ... LastLast
Results 4,531 to 4,540 of 6249

Thread: Derek McInnes

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    McInnes was saying he is looking forward to our battle hardened players coming back into the team. Players like Andrew Considine (no laughing at the back) can make a difference against Celtic and Rangers over 90 minutes. It’s a pity he couldn’t against Hearts when we got papped out the cup.
    Actually pal, I don't buy this injury excuse one little bit
    Out of the players missing on saturday at the hunnery who realistically would you rate as being capable of making any difference at all?

It's a genuine question open to all?

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    Out of the players missing on saturday at the hunnery who realistically would you rate as being capable of making any difference at all?

Scott McKenna and Ash Taylor would be a stronger centre back pairing than Vyner and Devlin.
    I am not saying we would have won the game (we wouldn’t) but they definitely are more dominant.
    It’s the system we play that is our biggest problem. We keep inviting teams to come at us so we hopefully can break it up and hit on the counter. I think our counter play has drastically dropped as it now consists of a hoof up the park and hope for the best. We can’t continue like that if we want decent results.

Scott McKenna and Ash Taylor would be a stronger centre back pairing than Vyner and Devlin.
    I am not saying we would have won the game (we wouldn’t) but they definitely are more dominant.
    It’s the system we play that is our biggest problem. We keep inviting teams to come at us so we hopefully can break it up and hit on the counter. I think our counter play has drastically dropped as it now consists of a hoof up the park and hope for the best. We can’t continue like that if we want decent results.
    But for sure 100% we will be continuing like that as long as McWinless is in charge

Of the unavailable players, I reckon 4 would have started
    Considine & McKenna in central defence
    Ojo & Bryson in central midfield.
    They would have made us harder to beat, so they would have made a "difference"...we'd probably still have lost though.

The others that were unavailable would've been on the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Of the unavailable players, I reckon 4 would have started
    Considine & McKenna in central defence
    Ojo & Bryson in central midfield.
    They would have made us harder to beat, so they would have made a "difference"...we'd probably still have lost though.

The others that were unavailable would've been on the bench.
    Considine I agree he might have been able to make a difference.
    McKenna in his recent form (before injury) i'm not so sure as he's been pretty poor.
    And on the other two it's my opinion that Ojo is utter sh1te and a complete waste of 125K
    Bryson just looks totally fkn knackered even before a game starts.

But I guess my point is McWinless seems to be bringing this injury "crisis" up a lot he has said this is his worst in his time at Aberdeen, he said exact same thing thing last season ffs.
    I just don't get it

The rate of knots we are fkn regressing at is alarming to say the least, his first 18 to 24 months in charge he was OK with the squad he basically inherited, from month 25 till now we have been steadily regressing and nothing is happening to stop that regression.

Too much focus on the white elephant shuttle bus arena, and the actual footballing part of the club is taking a back seat.

Mate, me and you in central defence would've been a stronger pairing than Vyner and Devlin.

I agree with you - the players are pretty hopeless, but the system is the biggest issue. We're no good on the counter attack any more - it was alright when we had folk who could break forward quickly when we won the ball - like Hayes, McGinn (4 years ago version), Christie, McLean, Pawlett, even Shinnie would drive forward... - now we win the ball back, it goes to one of our numerous defensive midfielders who pass it back to the defence to punt it in the general direction of the opposition goal in the hope Cosgrove can magically get onto it. We don't create chances on the counter attack and we have no creativity to create chances any other way, hence why we only ever score from set pieces or penalties. Painful to watch and totally ineffective. Problem is the manager and the players are stuck in this style of play and I really can't see it changing - even if McInnes tries to change it, it's so engrained into the minds of the players now, I don't think it'll work.

Considine I agree he might have been able to make a difference.
    McKenna in his recent form (before injury) i'm not so sure as he's been pretty poor.
    And on the other two it's my opinion that Ojo is utter sh1te and a complete waste of 125K
    Bryson just looks totally fkn knackered even before a game starts.

But I guess my point is McWinless seems to be bringing this injury "crisis" up a lot he has said this is his worst in his time at Aberdeen, he said exact same thing thing last season ffs.
    I just don't get it

The rate of knots we are fkn regressing at is alarming to say the least, his first 18 to 24 months in charge he was OK with the squad he basically inherited, from month 25 till now we have been steadily regressing and nothing is happening to stop that regression.

Too much focus on the white elephant shuttle bus arena, and the actual footballing part of the club is taking a back seat.
    A lot of the "injury crisis" we've had this year and last was down to his insistence on buying injury prone players and those just back from serious injury - he's not done himself any favours by continuing with that approach. Another example of him not learning his lessons.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    Mate, me and you in central defence would've been a stronger pairing than Vyner and Devlin.

I agree with you - the players are pretty hopeless, but the system is the biggest issue. We're no good on the counter attack any more - it was alright when we had folk who could break forward quickly when we won the ball - like Hayes, McGinn (4 years ago version), Christie, McLean, Pawlett, even Shinnie would drive forward... - now we win the ball back, it goes to one of our numerous defensive midfielders who pass it back to the defence to punt it in the general direction of the opposition goal in the hope Cosgrove can magically get onto it. We don't create chances on the counter attack and we have no creativity to create chances any other way, hence why we only ever score from set pieces or penalties. Painful to watch and totally ineffective. Problem is the manager and the players are stuck in this style of play and I really can't see it changing - even if McInnes tries to change it, it's so engrained into the minds of the players now, I don't think it'll work.
    I have said it before...the system suits our manager not our players. I don’t think any of our players are enjoying their football at the moment, they look miserable as hell. Maybe a more attacking philosophy will reinvigorate the players and the fans. You can’t win every match but you should go to the football with the intention to enjoy yourself and watch a good match. We are miles away from that at the moment and if anything we are getting further and further away.

From the outside anyway, Barry Robson certainly ticks all the boxes for becoming a succesfull manager.

When interviewed on that Si Ferry podcast thing, said he had the chance of becoming Raith Rovers manager a few years back but he decided to go down the different route of learning his apprenticeship, so to speak, under McInnes, whilst studing for his Pro Licence.

You'd imagine that he'd now be looking to break out on his own at the likes of Raith, or a decent championship side, and there will no doubts be SPL teams who will also look his way thereafter, or even now.

Whether or not he has been told to hing aboot here for the time being, just in case, who knows......

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    From the outside anyway, Barry Robson certainly ticks all the boxes for becoming a succesfull manager.

When interviewed on that Si Ferry podcast thing, said he had the chance of becoming Raith Rovers manager a few years back but he decided to go down the different route of learning his apprenticeship, so to speak, under McInnes, whilst studing for his Pro Licence.

You'd imagine that he'd now be looking to break out on his own at the likes of Raith, or a decent championship side, and there will no doubts be SPL teams who will also look his way thereafter, or even now.

Whether or not he has been told to hing aboot here for the time being, just in case, who knows......
    Barry - "HOPEFULLY we'll be third again" - Robson?

I could easy see someone with that level of ambition & motivation to succeed being asked to hang around.

Milne would be delighted with another low expectation levels manager demanding nothing but endless mediocrity...

Page 454 of 625 FirstFirst ... 354404444452453454455456464504554 ... LastLast