+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus and football.

Good comments and wise sentiments from Marcus Rashford today regarding the impact of Covid -19 on the less well off and the real possibility of food poverty during the approaching summer.

and it was incredibly generous of him to donate such a large proportion of his wages to such a worthy cause, wasnt it?

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    and it was incredibly generous of him to donate such a large proportion of his wages to such a worthy cause, wasnt it?
    I wouldn’t honestly know...would you?
    It was a simple observation that he hasn’t forgotten where he’s come from and he has bothered to make an effort to change minds about what could be about to become a very real problem for some.
    He’s also been helping out an organisation called ‘FareShare’ during the lockdown all of which I find very laudable. That’s all.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Good comments and wise sentiments from Marcus Rashford today regarding the impact of Covid -19 on the less well off and the real possibility of food poverty during the approaching summer.
    I'm not going to get a **** storm going by pointing out a disturbing element to MR's backstory, but there is one. Good for him doing what he's doing however

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    I'm not going to get a **** storm going by pointing out a disturbing element to MR's backstory, but there is one. Good for him doing what he's doing however
    Well you kind of are, otherwise why mention it at all?
    He’s a kid from Wythenshawe - not the most salubrious area of Manchester - who has a cousin or step cousin who doesn’t sound particularly pleasant and is now in prison.
    Can be harder to turn out okay when you’re not born into much...as you say, ‘good for him doing what h’s doing’.

Well you kind of are, otherwise why mention it at all?
    He’s a kid from Wythenshawe - not the most salubrious area of Manchester - who has a cousin or step cousin who doesn’t sound particularly pleasant and is now in prison.
    Can be harder to turn out okay when you’re not born into much...as you say, ‘good for him doing what h’s doing’.
    Just prompting discussion/stirring the pot depending on your viewpoint

But we could both run in those days, ‘Amster.
    I still can rA although I must admit that it might not be fast enough, for long enough, these days

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    I still can rA although I must admit that it might not be fast enough, for long enough, these days
    Me too, MA...but in terms of ‘fight or flight’ I’d back our thirty year old 1984 versions over today’s models.

Perhaps but our older wiser selves will be much better at using sarcasm in dealing with Millwall supporters. I've seen grown men pull their own heads off rather than debate wirh rA.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Perhaps but our older wiser selves will be much better at using sarcasm in dealing with Millwall supporters. I've seen grown men pull their own heads off rather than debate wirh rA.
    Really? Do explain.

I’ve never found wit or sarcasm much use when dealing with rabid Neanderthals. Got chased round the Stamford Bridge and Maine Road areas in the early to mid seventies for nothing more than being an opposition supporter...speed was much more use than any amount of verbal dexterity.

Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)