+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 488 of 530 FirstFirst ... 388438478486487488489490498 ... LastLast
Results 4,871 to 4,880 of 5293

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by Stoney_Scarfer View Post

If you want to know exactly what excuse they will use when the window closes and Messi hasn't signed for a year's supply of Aitken's Rowies

He wouldn't sign if he knew fit Mr Aiken had been up to

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    Back on topic...

Interesting comment from DM yesterday, where he says he is still looking at one particular area to fill, in terms of incoming transfers.

Given that Frank Ross is essentially a central midfielder (and not a wide man, albiet he was deployed there last week) and we also have Forrester and Wright who can play that role, any potential move for Christie would seem like it would stifle the development of those players.

Has to be a wideman, to cover for the ever-more-injured McGinn and GMS. If the latter gets a injury, then we are fecked. Hopefully a permanent deal as well.

Ross and Wright have done well but if we were without GMS or McGinn for 5 or 6 games in a row we would be struggling - especially considering for subs etc.

A second out and out winger would be a handy signing.

a no 10 whom can also play as a winger or sole striker would be handy or even better sign both a winger & another striker

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    Back on topic...

Interesting comment from DM yesterday, where he says he is still looking at one particular area to fill, in terms of incoming transfers.

Given that Frank Ross is essentially a central midfielder (and not a wide man, albiet he was deployed there last week) and we also have Forrester and Wright who can play that role, any potential move for Christie would seem like it would stifle the development of those players.

Has to be a wideman, to cover for the ever-more-injured McGinn and GMS. If the latter gets a injury, then we are fecked. Hopefully a permanent deal as well.
    If I were manager and was told only one more player, I’d go for a right winger.
    Someone that’s not a bench filler either.
    McGinn is more injury prone now apparently.

I’d rather the budget was spent on one good quality player than two bench warmers

I’d rather the budget was spent on one good quality player than two bench warmers[/QUOTE]

Totally agree with this as its quality we need

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post

I’d rather the budget was spent on one good quality player than two bench warmers
    We should have 2 players per position minimum (even Killie were talking about that). We might get lucky with Wright, Ross and Anderson but we’re still 1 short. Harrington is away on loan so I wonder if it’s a right-back to give cover there and let Ball play in midfield? Ideally I’d like Cosgrove upgraded & a couple of bonus players who can genuinely cover most positions between them too.

Lewis / Cerny
    Shinnie / Considine
    McKenna / Reynolds
    Devlin / Hoban
    Logan
    GMS / Wright
    Gleeson / Ball
    Forrester / Ferguson
    McGinn / Ross
    Wilson / Cosgrove
    May / Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post

the lad from Killie would be a good addition

Quote Originally Posted by RedLineRed View Post
    We should have 2 players per position minimum (even Killie were talking about that). We might get lucky with Wright, Ross and Anderson but we’re still 1 short. Harrington is away on loan so I wonder if it’s a right-back to give cover there and let Ball play in midfield? Ideally I’d like Cosgrove upgraded & a couple of bonus players who can genuinely cover most positions between them too.

Lewis / Cerny
    Shinnie / Considine
    McKenna / Reynolds
    Devlin / Hoban
    Logan
    GMS / Wright
    Gleeson / Ball
    Forrester / Ferguson
    McGinn / Ross
    Wilson / Cosgrove
    May / Anderson
    Don't think it will be a right back.
    Ball has shown this season that he can cover there.

We also have Tansey (Yes he's still with Aberdeen), Campbell and even Mclennan (who came off the bench last week, but that could have simply been a kind of thank you for filling in for Ross bench place last minute)

I'm more inclined to think it will be a winger as well.

it's ryan gauld i'm telling you

Quote Originally Posted by D31 View Post
    it's ryan gauld i'm telling you
    Canna believe he is 22... feels like he is been on the go for much longer.

Page 488 of 530 FirstFirst ... 388438478486487488489490498 ... LastLast