+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 49 of 78 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- The other Notts [Cricket]

Can anyone tell me how long we've been playing games at Welbeck? I've followed from afar in recent decades and hadn't noticed its use.

When I was an avid watcher, our non-Trent Bridge games were always at the likes of Cleethorpes (really stretching Nottinghamshire's county lines there) or Worksop.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    Can anyone tell me how long we've been playing games at Welbeck? I've followed from afar in recent decades and hadn't noticed its use.

When I was an avid watcher, our non-Trent Bridge games were always at the likes of Cleethorpes (really stretching Nottinghamshire's county lines there) or Worksop.
    Seems to have been an annual thing since 2015, apart from a rained off game and covid:

https://www.trentbridge.co.uk/news/2...d-history.html

I think Hutton has been great in this competition, but I was just picking a stand out from those who had not really seen any first XI action. It us a shame now that wicket keepers have to be able to bat first and keep second.
    I am amazed that Notts offer the free stream, especially for the T20/One day cup games. I am certainly not complaining 😚

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    I am amazed that Notts offer the free stream, especially for the T20/One day cup games. I am certainly not complaining 😚
    It surprises me as well. The live stream started up when no crowds were allowed due to covid, and I assumed it would finish once spectators were allowed back in. All counties do it (with varying degrees of quality) so you can watch away games as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Seems to have been an annual thing since 2015, apart from a rained off game and covid:

https://www.trentbridge.co.uk/news/2...d-history.html
    Thanks Elite. I assume there be will a few six-fingered members of the crowd at those games, which must making catching the ball a little easier.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    Thanks Elite. I assume there be will a few six-fingered members of the crowd at those games, which must making catching the ball a little easier.
    Not to mention getting a bit more spin on the ball!

When Welbeck take a wicket a common response is "well bowled, gimme a high six".

Free live stream of the Royal London Cup QF from Blackpool.

Lancashire win the toss and put Notts in to bat:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrEtB8oYh_I

Free live stream of the Royal London Cup QF from Blackpool.

Lancashire win the toss and put Notts in to bat:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrEtB8oYh_I
    Will this be some of the same players that lost in the 100 last night? First time I've actually watched it and I can understand why it appeals to a younger audience. Still can't get my head around "Rockets"? Unless I've missed something obvious?

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Will this be some of the same players that lost in the 100 last night? First time I've actually watched it and I can understand why it appeals to a younger audience. Still can't get my head around "Rockets"? Unless I've missed something obvious?
    No, the team that lost last night wasn't Notts, it was a franchise team. The 3 Notts players who did play for Trent Rockets will play no part in this game. Today's team is largely a mix of fringe players and youngsters.

No, the team that lost last night wasn't Notts, it was a franchise team. The 3 Notts players who did play for Trent Rockets will play no part in this game. Today's team is largely a mix of fringe players and youngsters.
    Off to a decent start too.

Page 49 of 78 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast