+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 49 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer rumours thread

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Exactly, Sam isn't up to that role, we need someone to take that pressure off Wootton
    Yeah, it’s a really tricky signing to get right, because I think we’re all in agreement that our strongest line up is going to have Rodrigues and Roberts playing just off Wootton. But obviously we need other options, particularly as we know we can’t rely on Roberts’ fitness.

So we need to find someone who is capable of leading the line should Wootton be absent. But they would also ideally be capable of playing alongside him in a two as a slightly different option. And it also needs to be someone willing to accept that they’ll probably start the majority of games on the bench if all goes to plan. Really difficult to find someone to tick all of those boxes.

I keep forgetting about Knight, mind. He’s basically a new signing, showed some nice touches and real pace but was obviously miles off the fitness needed when he came in last season having been part time and not played for weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    I think we need to find out if Knight, Sam and Palmer will cut the mustard rather than getting someone else in up top....or what’s the point of having them (especially Sam and Knight).

Wootton
    Sam
    Knight
    Palmer
    Roberts
    Rodrigues

Surely there’s enough options there already.
    I agree, that 5 is well good enough for this level - we just need one mega midfield signing + another as back up.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Is Boden the type of player we need. A proven experienced backup striker who can fill in when needed and won't be upset if he comes off the bench most games?
    Of course he wont. No footballer wants to sit on the bench do they

Quote Originally Posted by Kelton View Post
    Exactly. Everyone goes on about quality over quantity then don’t seem to mind if we sign bench warmers.

True but we are not of the size where we have the funds for enough quality to do squad rotation. Therefore there has to be an element of second string team members.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldstripy View Post
    Damian McCrory training with the squad IB having a look at him now he seems to have got over his injuries, would not be surprised if IB signs him.
    Hope so he can play LB or CB

Quote Originally Posted by Kelton View Post
    None want to but I'm sure a fair few are far more happy to than others. You don't want a squad full of players all expecting first team action every week and kicking up a fuss and causing issues when they aren't one of the staring XI. I believe the call it 'harmony in the camp'

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    You don't want a squad full of players all expecting first team action every week and kicking up a fuss and causing issues when they aren't one of the staring XI.
    I suppose they can always get a bit of experience by looking on from the bench with their eyes wide open for when their turn comes.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Exactly. Everyone goes on about quality over quantity then don’t seem to mind if we sign bench warmers.
    We have enough bench warmers already. I'd be upset if the likes of O'Brien, DKE, Knight, Sam, Doyle were starters. We need starting 11 signings IMO.

We also need to recognise the fact that Roberts and Lacey now have massive question marks over their fitness. We need to be prepared for that.

Quote Originally Posted by KCNotts View Post
    We have enough bench warmers already. I'd be upset if the likes of O'Brien, DKE, Knight, Sam, Doyle were starters. We need starting 11 signings IMO.

We also need to recognise the fact that Roberts and Lacey now have massive question marks over their fitness. We need to be prepared for that.
    True but maybe not in this match in these conditions.

Page 49 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast