+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 49 of 59 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast

Thread: January Transfer Window

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Maybe it does but he shouldn’t be saying that.

If it wasn’t for us he would still be rotting in Carlisle reserves.

Was going to say good luck to him but he has just proven he is an arse.
    Have to agree, that’s a pretty poor comment if he made it.

He does seem to have been particularly ingratious in his attitude to his departure.

Played wi a face like a well skelped arse all season and not one word of thanks or gratitude to AFC for giving him a platform to increase his bank balance (I’m not saying it’s a step up, there is no universe where Birmingham is a step up from Aberdeen).

Just confirms it’s the right time to sell.

I don’t usually give a fuuck about players who leave, and I don’t give a fuuck about Cosgrove now, but I will be slightly interested to see how he does down there.

I assume there’s a sell on so for that reason alone we need to hope he does well to get us more cash down the line...

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    Have to agree, that’s a pretty poor comment if he made it.
    He certainly made it - I attached the link to his video on Birmingham FC twitter

Take it nobody watched the 5 minute video then and just decided to rant out of context...

He said he had really good times with us, down to the manager (!), fans and teammates. Loved and will miss the likes of the European adventures and saw us as a great stepping stone in his career (he’s going to say that going to his new club!).

He said the training intensity was higher than he’s had for a few years and that’s probably true as the pace of play and fitness in England’s top and 2nd tier is probably better than ours.

He even admitted he didn’t know how he went on the scoring streak he did, a bit like us the fans he probably knows it was completely unexpected but he will try to keep it going.

It’s easier to be bitter and rant at him leaving though I guess....

Quote Originally Posted by Baggios_Ponytail View Post
    Take it nobody watched the 5 minute video then and just decided to rant out of context...

He said he had really good times with us, down to the manager (!), fans and teammates. Loved and will miss the likes of the European adventures and saw us as a great stepping stone in his career (he’s going to say that going to his new club!).

He said the training intensity was higher than he’s had for a few years and that’s probably true as the pace of play and fitness in England’s top and 2nd tier is probably better than ours.

He even admitted he didn’t know how he went on the scoring streak he did, a bit like us the fans he probably knows it was completely unexpected but he will try to keep it going.

It’s easier to be bitter and rant at him leaving though I guess....
    It's always annoyed me about why the players down there are so much fitter and more athletic. We can't compete with a lot of things but having them fitter should be priority. Fat ****s.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    It's always annoyed me about why the players down there are so much fitter and more athletic. We can't compete with a lot of things but having them fitter should be priority. Fat ****s.
    Charlie Adam was always the best example. Up here you could see he had a cracking left peg but was way overweight in modern football terms, goes down there and gets in a bit better shape and plays in the Prem. Don’t know if it’s the training methods or if the extra wages motivate them a bit more...or both!

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Funnily enough I didn't see that when we played and took Burnley, a premier division club that exists on fitness to survive, to extra time.

Quote Originally Posted by sonofrgmsdad View Post
    Funnily enough I didn't see that when we played and took Burnley, a premier division club that exists on fitness to survive, to extra time.
    Is that when they scored two goals in extra time?

Apparently that Hornby is injured for 2-3 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by andoplzcumbak View Post
    Apparently that Hornby is injured for 2-3 weeks.
    Presumably, he’ll need to isolate for ten days of those 2-3 weeks, if he’s entering the UK from France?

Or are footballers exempt from such frivolities?

Good point. I’m not sure what the rules are for this?
    If he’s out for 3 weeks, that’s about 4-5 games he’s missing..

Page 49 of 59 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast