+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 492 of 954 FirstFirst ... 392442482490491492493494502542592 ... LastLast
Results 4,911 to 4,920 of 9536

Thread: Today's Diddy Games

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    In modern day football, the expectation is that in those circumstances Motherwell would give it back.
    The Dhims will be holding a candle lit vigil outside the San Giro as we speak.
    I agree. Imagine if that happened to us, we’d expect the ball back.
    It will all blow up again when the ball is not returned to Motherwell next time.

You can generally tell when a game should really be stopped due to a bad injury. Hoban last week and GMS in the cup final spring to mind.

Stopping the game for a “hammy” or even worse, cramp is unnecessary. Those types of injuries (seemingly Christie today was a hamstring) are not going to deteriorate if a couple of minutes lapse.

Celtic today (and almost all clubs nowadays) kick the ball out so the team is not disadvantaged, nothing to do with the player’s injury. It’s quite right in those circumstances they should forfeit possession.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    I agree. Imagine if that happened to us, we’d expect the ball back.
    It will all blow up again when the ball is not returned to Motherwell next time.
    Seem to recall that when we beat the Victims 2-0 a few years ago (Mackie scored the second in the last minute) that we put the ball out to allow an "injured" player to be treated and they didn't give the ball back from the resulting throw-in. Though my memory could be playing tricks on me (wouldn't be the first time!).

I mind in that game they played on when Kjaer was down injured, he got up when they played on mind.

Quote Originally Posted by sheepcrooky View Post
    You can generally tell when a game should really be stopped due to a bad injury. Hoban last week and GMS in the cup final spring to mind.

Stopping the game for a “hammy” or even worse, cramp is unnecessary. Those types of injuries (seemingly Christie today was a hamstring) are not going to deteriorate if a couple of minutes lapse.

Celtic today (and almost all clubs nowadays) kick the ball out so the team is not disadvantaged, nothing to do with the player’s injury. It’s quite right in those circumstances they should forfeit possession.
    Fair point

ffs chelsea goalie what are you playing at. multi millionaire says no it's not bedtime. these players are out of control.first time I've seen a player refuse to come off and undermine his manager so publicly. Sarri doing his ****ing nut. at least willie young came aff and launched his top at the dugout. Who was our boss then, but think he was sold same week

That Chelsea goalie is mental, but Sarri should have made the 4th official put the board up instead of caving in.

Quote Originally Posted by thebeachend View Post
    ffs chelsea goalie what are you playing at. multi millionaire says no it's not bedtime. these players are out of control.first time I've seen a player refuse to come off and undermine his manager so publicly. Sarri doing his ****ing nut. at least willie young came aff and launched his top at the dugout. Who was our boss then, but think he was sold same week
    Think it was Jimmy Bonthrone. I was at that game, possibly versus the PJM’s.

Quote Originally Posted by sheepcrooky View Post
    Think it was Jimmy Bonthrone. I was at that game, possibly versus the PJM’s.
    well done checked the heritage site and you're right... it was the PJM's and we got beat 3-1, 13/09/75. I was almost 7 and in the paddock with my dad. Young never played for AFC again

I don’t usually watch the guff games anymore but the Mrs is out so decided to watch the final.

The Chelsea keeper was a disgrace refusing to be taken off but I thought it was a bit hypocritical of John Terry having a go at him considering he managed to get a fair few managers sacked in his time there.

Page 492 of 954 FirstFirst ... 392442482490491492493494502542592 ... LastLast