+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: What is going on Brothers Reedtz ?

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    I would love to know what our owners make of his latest comments in the press "we'll look at the shape of the opposition but if I can't get my group right and motivated, if we can't get that then we probably we won't get the points anyway."
    Is that what he said?? Blimey.

I had a dream last night that not only was Ardley sacked, but I got to tell him the news. Didn’t like it, he’s a nice bloke.

But sooner or later, he’s got to go.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    About the individual players or the manager? Or both?
    Ardley has signed ALL but one of this squad Enzio he must have signed 40 players since he has been here.

Ardley might be right the players may not be good enough but he knows the fans wont see it that way and the blame lands at his door.

As I said on a previous post we need to get back to basics for him to keep saying "players not taking instructions on board" is not acceptable.

You have two options you either drop players not doing this or you adapt your style he is doing none of this.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Two important points are raised here:

'Comparison' to other teams. Is the fact that Yeovil are rock bottom an excuse for us under-performing? No, I don't think, in itself, it is. Having said that, in any organisation, observation is made of where other players are. I am sure that there were plenty of Prem managers who have referred to Liverpool letting in 7 v Villa. That doesn't excuse themselves, but it does look at the wider picture.

At the start of the season, Yeovil, Stockport, Chesterfield, Wrexham etc. were all being lauded as reasons why we could not achieve automatic promotion. So now, as we look at where we are, there is no problem with looking at how they have performed so far.

Covid. I don't know how the players were affected by this physically, so I am not willing to speculate. Whether they were, or whether there were no symptoms there are other effects, particularly psychological. When there are 4 members of the team out with positive tests, I cannot hold the position that the others would not have been affected. We have heard that 7 or 8 have had positive tests.

So, is the fact that Yeovil are bottom sufficient to say that we can under-perform? No. Is Covid? In itself, no. But when when the bigger picture is looked at these are things which should be considered.

Am I happy with where we are or how we are playing? No!
    Am I totally dejected? No!

Just 3 games ago, nearly at the end of the game we were top of the league as it stood. There is reason for hope, but clearly we need to improve. Is Neal Ardley the one to bring that? I still think so, but, I am not as certain as I was. He really needs to show now that we can step up.

Final question - Am I easily pleased? Maybe. But I'd rather call it 'Overly optimistic'!
    MM and HotLIPS would you like to buy some magic beans , I still have some left from last year...xx

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    Not what im saying at all Abbott came to Notts around 20th August and we know two players that came in are known to him Knowles and Chicksen.

At no point have I said any of them are bad players we may have already scouted them who knows.

Abbott has been a failure everywhere he has been since his first spell at Notts and didnt last long at the Stags im struggling to understand why we took him back.

Its not my money or decision though so i'll lose no sleep over it.

Ardley is a man full of excuses I had him figured out after Tranmere away in his first season he didnt inspire me listening to him then and 2 years down the line we are in a far worse place.

As I have said many times over the last few months he is here to stay we just have to ride the season out with him.
    Well that response doesn't follow your earlier post whatsoever where you said

"Well didn’t we do something like this before where we only signed players from a certain agent ?

Not sure I’m keen on this arrangement if honest as Abbott might get a cut of money for recommendations of players, this might be common in football who knows but doesn’t sit right with me as I thought football radar was going to do the bulk of the scouting."

As you said yourself it's one player , Ardley/Football Radar combined have signed loads and you make a big deal and are concerned about a loan signing from Mansfield?

Whether Abbott is a good appointment or not as assistant manager is a completely different question to your worry that we signed one player linked to Abbott who may or may not get a cut. Which you just don't like.

Assistant managers recommending players must be common, it has to be surely part of their role.

It's typical NCM scaremongering and guesswork. 2+2 = a melodramatic17 at times on here. It's ok legs it's commonplace.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    MM and HotLIPS would you like to buy some magic beans , I still have some left from last year...xx
    So am I wrong about Covid? And are you right that the players had no (physical) symptoms?

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    Ardley has signed ALL but one of this squad Enzio he must have signed 40 players since he has been here.

Ardley might be right the players may not be good enough but he knows the fans wont see it that way and the blame lands at his door.

As I said on a previous post we need to get back to basics for him to keep saying "players not taking instructions on board" is not acceptable.

You have two options you either drop players not doing this or you adapt your style he is doing none of this.
    Agree with those two options , you can't keep repeating that the players aren't doing what you are teaching them in training.

But I was just asking Queenslandpie if he is blaming the players , the manager or both for not being motivated?

If the manager , people may want to hear Roy Keane's view on this debate that he recently gave. It's a thing of beauty and puts motivation squarely on the shoulders of the players for very valid reasons.

Pedro you came so close to not mentioning me for a full 48 hour period.

The dream remains. I know you can do it hunnie I know you can

Well that response doesn't follow your earlier post whatsoever where you said

"Well didn’t we do something like this before where we only signed players from a certain agent ?

Not sure I’m keen on this arrangement if honest as Abbott might get a cut of money for recommendations of players, this might be common in football who knows but doesn’t sit right with me as I thought football radar was going to do the bulk of the scouting."

As you said yourself it's one player , Ardley/Football Radar combined have signed loads and you make a big deal and are concerned about a loan signing from Mansfield?

Whether Abbott is a good appointment or not as assistant manager is a completely different question to your worry that we signed one player linked to Abbott who may or may not get a cut. Which you just don't like.

Assistant managers recommending players must be common, it has to be surely part of their role.

It's typical NCM scaremongering and guesswork. 2+2 = a melodramatic17 at times on here. It's ok legs it's commonplace.
    Im not concerned about anything I have no control over.

I guess you can flip it and say if we have good connections with an agent it makes deals easier for the club ie Wolves.

No scaremongering from me I have already braced myself for a season of mid table football and then we lose all the EFL parachute payments.

We could become another Wrexham stuck here for a decade as this is the hardest league to get out of.

We could follow Wrexham's example and become a permanent fixture down here or we could follow the examples of the other clubs who didn't get out of this league at their first attempt but did within 3-5 seasons. Too many to list.

We could follow Wrexham's example and become a permanent fixture down here or we could follow the examples of the other clubs who didn't get out of this league at their first attempt but did within 3-5 seasons. Too many to list.
    Mansfield (that team that many were saying are bigger than us) were in that league for 5 seasons. So when we get out in less, surely that seals it - we are definitely 'bigger' than them.

'An indifferent start to the 2012–13 season left Mansfield lingering around mid-table, with some fans calling for the manager's head.'

Just change it to 2020-21 and it could be us. Having said that, they did win 20 of their last 24 games to get promotion.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast