+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: £20 million bid rejected for Joao Pedro

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    That really wouldn't surprise me.

As the window comes to an end clubs I think will be more willing to let players go as they realise we're not going to meet their stupid pricing.
    Yes, agree, it's a question of our lot holding their nerve and not capitulating to silly prices, and getting the player we wanted in the long run.

Pedro and Paq-Man would make this window a 10/10 for me

In Brazil it’s being reported he’s signed for us on a 6 year deal till June 2028.

Can't remember ever having seen him play, but by the looks of him (stats, reports) I bet Howe can get a good player out of him to supplement our team. Great signing, if he does join us.

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    Yes, agree, it's a question of our lot holding their nerve and not capitulating to silly prices, and getting the player we wanted in the long run.
    Yes and No…

Agree that with less time is less time for clubs to play games.

But… with less time is less time for clubs to go out and reinvest the money (if that’s their intention).

Just depends on how much the club need a replacement (or not) for whoever we sign.

I’d be amazed if we don’t bring in at least 1 player in the next 9 days (that includes today)

I've been thinking a lot about the overpaying thing and initially I thought the right action was not to get done over and be held to ransom.

However, at this stage in our development I think we are a CW and BG injury away from our season being effectivelly over. I think the right move might be to over pay for a couole of the right men not only to safeguard our season but to send the right signal that we are ambitious. There is a balance I feel without getting really shafted.

Bear in mind these PIF lads offered a shot Tiger Woods 800 millon allegedly. An extra 10 mill for the right player is nought.

Seems like it's just the structure of the payments that are holding the deal up but these should be ironed out:

Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  53.8 KB

Reports Everton are going to match our offer as they see Pedro as a replacement for Anthony Gordon

Can only see him going to Everton if they offer him higher wages than us

Quote Originally Posted by Alberts__Lob View Post
    Reports Everton are going to match our offer as they see Pedro as a replacement for Anthony Gordon

No brainer for the player, come play with two Brazilians, one plays for the national team at a club who just showed the world their quality against Man City or go to a club in decline at Everton.

Decisions, decisions

Quote Originally Posted by Alberts__Lob View Post

If he chooses Everton for an extra few grand a week I don't wamt him. They are going down this year.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)