+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Yubby's outback adventures

re: Yubby's outback adventures

Funny enough Oz it was off the road.

Dog walking.

So my shift up here is 80hrs over a week and a half, allowing me every 2nd weekend back in Brisvegas with my 3 princess's.

So when I am up here the weekend is not to be worked so I go and stay at my friends place in a town called Mooranbah.

My mate has a blue heelerd Dusty, and I regularly take him for some exercise on the local sports fields. This weekend just gone, we went out mid morning with the sky typically covered with a predatory instinct I thought they where a type of kite(bird) so half way through our exercise, I started to throw a tennis ball, in which dusty's main aim in life is to stop any ball from moving.

The last throw, Dusty took off in the wrong direction the ball landed only...

To be swooped upon, and to be never seen again.

Dusty is still looking now.

Amazing, there is water falling from the sky.

Is this snow?

I get to drive back home tomorrow knowing I have an extra week with my girls

Hmmm Yubby's fathering adventures.

Wether its the warmer weather or the decent drop of rain on the weekend...

Snakes are on the move again, almost used one as a speed bump this arvo.

Ha ha! Good story re the tennis ball and the Kite, Yubby. Poor Dusty. I hope you got him a new ball.

Have a great week with your girls, bro, and hope you (and Australian wildlife) have a safe drive back home.

Thanks sis, and will do.

Drive was great, hopefully the photo's I took come out.

So with my drive back, I had very close encounter with a Roo, but my thousands of hours of Mario Kart with my kids came in handy when I found myself on the opposite side of the road to miss the projectile.

Only 1/2 hour later Mario Karting skills were used again to miss a slow moving red shell that resembled an echidna.

3 hours down the road and a truck driver obviously didn't have the same time spent on the Nintendo when he collected 1 of 2 pink galah's.

The sad thing was, when the galah hit the side of the road his mate landed beside him ,and all I thought was "cmon bro; he just brushed you"

I hate driving back up here after a holiday (3months to go, hopefully)

Easy safe drive, but driving to site Tuesday morning I almost found a slow moving speed bump.
    A koala, first live one I've crossing a road.

Missed him though.

I found out today, that if you swerve to miss wildlife, and crash, insurance companies won't pay. So some blokes up here only slow down.

The only wildlife I've ever hit is a rabbit. I did swerve to try and avoid it (but failed ). It was an isolated country road along which I was driving at night, but afterwards I got told off by various people for swerving, along with tales of really serious accidents and injuries caused by people doing the same thing. Really hard not to do though - just instinctively try not to hit animals - don't think about it ...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)