+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: It's been a gas...

Pearson is the man for the job, and when we win 10 on the bounce the Derby mad posters will be flocking back like all sheep do!!!

think its a season of suck it and see we will be top ten pearson will move the rest of unwanted out and we will be promoted nexy year.

Quote Originally Posted by southernram22 View Post
    think its a season of suck it and see we will be top ten pearson will move the rest of unwanted out and we will be promoted nexy year.

I can take a season of midtable tbh, I sat through Nigel Cloughs turgid stuff (most of it was turgid lol) for 5 years, where the only highlight was playing Forest, maybe the odd purple patch, but that only kept us up for the most part, Shefki Kuqi was lauded ffs lol.

We blew our chance in 2014 2015 and 2016 with that squad and imo its time to rebuild.

I don't get why some think it's time to rebuild just because we haven't quite made it in the last few seasons. Just because you can't get the last few pieces into the jigsaw, you don't pull it apart and start again. The biggest issue with the squad appears to be the lack of mental strength needed to get over the line. NP wasn't my choice of manager but I did think that this would be the area he'd be able to sort out. Yes, we need to keep things fresh by bringing in new faces and moving some out, but essentially this squad has proved it's capable of challenging and doing it in an attractive style, we just need someone who can instill the self belief and mental toughness needed to get us out of this division. I really don't see why we should have to tolerate a season of midtable mediocrity while we change our style and personnel to suit another new manager when we have a squad that proved it's capable of challenging.

From the moment he picked bent, ince, johnson, butterfield, and blackman for his first team selection - leaving hughes and martin on the bench - it was clear that pearson was not going to work with the existing core.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)